(Work in progress. When complete I will update.)

Hey, I was looking through the forums trying to find how to delete those annoying preloaded blackberry bookmarks and couldn't find anything. After a while of messing with my phone and a couple of battery pulls I figured it out. Blackberry owners with OS 6 keep reading, OS 5 scroll down to the bottom.

Read Before Deleting:
    They are service books so they will be reuploaded into your phone after a battery pull. Just delete the service book again, and they'll disappear. They will not reappear after a soft reboot.

OS 6:
    Go to options, and then type in "service book" after that you'll see a lot of entries, some of which are followed by "[BrowserConfig]" Delete the one that has something like, "_______WAP _______[BrowserConfig]". The reason I said, "has something like" and used "_______" is because I do not know what other carriers have before or after this.
    (Pictures of what to delete will be uploaded tomorrow and will be the same as OS 5)

Warning:
    The Mobile Blackberry website doesn't delete, but I guess that's to be expected from a Blackberry browser.

OS 5:
    Go to options, then advanced options, then service book. You'll see a lot of entries, some of which are followed by "[BrowserConfig]" Delete the one that has something like, "_______WAP _______[BrowserConfig]". The reason I said, "has something like" and used "_______" is because I do not know what other carriers have before or after this.
    Last edited by IvanS29; 11-20-10 at 07:20 PM.
    2Addicted likes this.
    11-20-10 06:28 PM
    Pretty sure on the next battery pull/reboot they'll show up again. If those bookmarks
    are service books then they just get pushed backed to your phone.
    11-20-10 06:37 PM
    Echoing Undertaker: deleting service books only lasts until the next reboot. The method you're using will need to be repeated every single time you do a battery pull or reboot the phone for any reason.
    11-20-10 07:28 PM
    This has been discussed many times. The best way to deal with them is to put all the stuff you don't want into a folder (name it junk or something) and hide the folder. That way you don't have to waste your time dealing with them. Deleting the service books is only a temporary solution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-10 07:37 PM
    They only reload after a battery pull, not alt-shift-delete.
    11-20-10 07:42 PM
    They don't take up a measurable amount of memory. Just hide them and be done with it.

11-20-10 07:58 PM
    You can't hide the bookmarks.
    11-20-10 08:33 PM
    They don't take up a measurable amount of memory. Just hide them and be done with it.
    You are thinking carrier pushed icons. The OP is talking about browser
    bookmarks which of course as everyone has said will come back whenever
    the service books are re-sent.
    11-20-10 08:55 PM
    You are thinking carrier pushed icons. The OP is talking about browser
    bookmarks which of course as everyone has said will come back whenever
    the service books are re-sent.
    Sorry, you're right. I just reread the op. That's what I get for scanning and not reading.

11-20-10 10:39 PM
    Sorry, you're right. I just reread the op. That's what I get for scanning and not reading.
    I do it all the time. Gets me into no end of trouble I knew where you were
    going though
    11-20-10 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD