Hi everyone. Can someone please help me with this.

1)When I delete emails on my Blackberry, it doesn't delete them in my Outlook on my computer. I used to have an outlook account through school where it worked fine but now I got a job and the office e-mail (which is outlook too just a different version) doesn't do it. There is no refresh button just a send/receive button. I set up the account fine but got an e-mail to say leave messages on the server which I did.

2) Also, like school's outlook, if someone sends me an e-mail, it doesn't come to my phone immediately for someone reason. This is totally unlike my G-mail account which is instantaneous. Thank you!
    11-04-11 02:13 PM
    What type of email is your "office email"? (Exchange Server? Something else?) And how are you connected to it? BIS? BES?
    11-04-11 05:01 PM
    Hi everyone. Can someone please help me with this.

1)When I delete emails on my Blackberry, it doesn't delete them in my Outlook on my computer. I used to have an outlook account through school where it worked fine but now I got a job and the office e-mail (which is outlook too just a different version) doesn't do it. There is no refresh button just a send/receive button. I set up the account fine but got an e-mail to say leave messages on the server which I did.

2) Also, like school's outlook, if someone sends me an e-mail, it doesn't come to my phone immediately for someone reason. This is totally unlike my G-mail account which is instantaneous. Thank you!
    Are you also choosing to delete from your device and server and not just your device? You have to choose both choices and then it will delete from your email program as well.
    11-04-11 05:56 PM
    In answer to the first reply - the office email is microsoft office outlook 2007

And to the 2nd reply - When I get an email to that email it shows up on my device. I hit delete e-mail and choose "Mailbox and Handheld" It then deletes it on the device but not on the computer mailbox, even when I refresh it.
    11-04-11 09:27 PM
    In answer to the first reply - the office email is microsoft office outlook 2007

And to the 2nd reply - When I get an email to that email it shows up on my device. I hit delete e-mail and choose "Mailbox and Handheld" It then deletes it on the device but not on the computer mailbox, even when I refresh it.
    Are you connecting to your Microsoft Exchange mailbox through BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) or BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)?
    11-05-11 12:22 AM

Microsoft Outlook is an email client. It is not a type of email.

How is your BlackBerry connected to the email?
    11-05-11 08:28 AM
    I am sorry for the delay in the response. I am connected through BIS
    11-06-11 09:12 AM
    Then your emails are not going to sync like that. And it's not going to come to the BlackBerry instantaneously.

What you see is what you get.
    11-06-11 09:19 AM
    I can understand why they won't come instantaneously due to it being on outlook like that. For some reason there is a delay due it coming from the server. But how come they won't sync and delete off the mailbox when I choose too? It works for my gmail e-mail account when I do it with e-mails from there and also an outlook account (connected through BIS) that I had at my college
    Last edited by NYMets9631; 11-06-11 at 09:51 AM.
    11-06-11 09:28 AM
    GMail works differently.

BIS does not sync with email clients like that.

Note also that the emails are not coming to your BlackBerry from Outlook.

They are coming from the server. And that is how the BIS polls the server for new messages.
    11-06-11 10:21 AM
    That makes sense for the delay because BIS has to poll the server for new messages.

But I still don't understand the sync with email clients (ie. choosing from my device to delete "Mailbox and Handheld" for a message). I set up my school account which is outlook web app and it syncs when I choose from my device to delete from "mailbox and handheld," it deletes them. The delay is still there bc of the server as mentioned, but how come I can't get the delete sync with this work account?
    11-06-11 11:07 AM
    That makes sense for the delay because BIS has to poll the server for new messages.

But I still don't understand the sync with email clients (ie. choosing from my device to delete "Mailbox and Handheld" for a message). I set up my school account which is outlook web app and it syncs when I choose from my device to delete from "mailbox and handheld," it deletes them. The delay is still there bc of the server as mentioned, but how come I can't get the delete sync with this work account?
    Your email is POP3, and you are leaving a copy on the server. KB12283-How to leave or remove copies of email messages on the messaging server
    11-06-11 11:27 AM

This option affect the SERVER. Not the email client (such as Outlook).
    11-06-11 11:38 AM
    ok. How can I get it to affect the email client (outlook) like it does for the school outlook account? Just uncheck leave a copy of messages on the server? If so, should I do it and will it still send messages and work ok?

Sorry to be annoying but I just want to get it from the other outlook where I hit delete from mailbox and handheld and it deletes it on the outlook, like it does with the other outlook. I can live with the delay since I guess there is nothing to do with that.
    11-06-11 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD