For my gmail accounts sync'd with my 9800 the email reception is (mostly) instantaneous. However for email from my OWA Exchange 2003 account there is a consistent delay of about 15 minutes. Of course I am glad to get this mail at all but I was wondering if this delay is often seen for OWA accounts associated with a BB i.e. I am not the only one ?
    11-06-10 01:48 AM
    No, you're not the only one. That is just the way it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-10 12:43 PM
    Email sent to BB via BIS polling servers for OWA/POP3 accounts will always be delayed by about 15 minutes.

The interval is. 15 minute checks for new mail. If new mail is found, then 5-8 minute checks subseqently. If email is found, I think it may drop it to 3-5 minutes, but if no email found it goes back up to 15 minute intervals. The bad thing is, if an email comes in a second after the 15 minute check, your email could be delayed to the BB by as much as 30 minutes sometimes. This is the bad part about BIS and really why RIM should NOT be advertising "instant Push" email like it applies to all email accounts the BB can support.
    11-06-10 01:57 PM
    Thanks JRS and Joel for the confirmation. I was tempted to delete the account from BIS and then redo it....just in case it was me .
    Last edited by copperbeech; 11-06-10 at 04:02 PM.
    11-06-10 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD