Earlier today, when I was on a phone call the phone repeated switched from headset to speaker. I was unable to continue the call. I thought it was a bad os. So I wiped the device and reinstalled .250. I immediately made a call and the phone was doing it again, repeatedly switching from headset to speaker. So I downgraded to .231 but it didn't fix the issue. Finally, I plugged a pair of headphones in and unplugged them. I did it a few times and the issue went away. This has never happened before. Should I be afraid that my headphone jack is defective? I really don't want to have to send the phone it. I've had it since march of 09. Its working fine since. Has this happened to anyone else?

Cliff notes:
    - during a call, phone kept switching from headset to speaker
    - thought it was an os problem
    - plugged a pair of headphones in and unplugged a few times
    - worried about a possible headphone jack issue

Thanks for reading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 02:16 AM
    i have this exact same problem with my blackberry storm. when i listen to music i can only use handset and speaker no headset. when i use apps like youtube and slacker it does exactly what you describe, switching back and forth between headset and speaker. it began when i started using os 5.0.0.191 and it still does it with 5.0.0.230. its definately an os issue, as soon as i go back to 5.0.0.140 the headphones work again but i dont know how to fix this its bugging the **** out of me
    09-18-09 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD