Hey fellow Crackberry Abusers I'm at a small dilemma. Currently I am on my friends family plan on Verizon, so I pay $10 bux for my line, $30 for my data plan and I get unlimited text messages. Now thats a good deal seeing I have a curve I bought off CL so I'm no longer under contract. I am currently waiting PAITENTLY for the Storm *as all of us are* and IF the storm isn't what its all cracked up to be what should I do? I mean I love the service with Verizon. I get service everywhere I go, but I sorta like the Iphone, its just really convienent but i HATE the kb and I tend to text alot.. So then I was leaning towards the BOLD, and if what I saw was correct Novemeber 4th is the release date and price tag of $299 its hard to pass that up. What would you do if you were in my shoes? Stay with Verizon, or switch to ATT for possibly the Bold or MePhone?
    10-23-08 12:40 AM
    I'd stay with the carrier I'm happy with! There will always be the next and newest phones but what good will they be on a crappy carrier?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 01:01 AM
    No one can make that decision but you. They're all crappy carriers in different ways! You need to decide what you want and determine which carrier can provide that for a price you're willing to pay.

I could never live with a software keyboard, I tried on the PPC a bunch of time, but always reverted to the hardware keyboard.

There is no perfect carrier and everyone's needs are different. I had Verizon for many years, but switch due to my need to coverage during international travel. I was also frustrated with Verizon never having most devices until a year or so after the GMS carriers around the world. I never had any major problems with Verizon's service. I have also not had any service issue since switching to AT&T.

10-23-08 07:20 AM
    If you are happy with Version, stay with them. I am happy with T-mobile, and have no intention of switching.

The storm will hopefully live up to expectations, if it doesn't exceed them. So wait it out, and give the storm a try!

I am not a fan of AT&T. When I had them, I had too many issues. Nothing could ever turn me back in their direction.

10-23-08 07:28 AM
    I'm not a fan of ATT either,in fact I just switched about a week ago to tmo because my contract was up. I'd stick with Verizon if I were you.
    10-23-08 07:36 AM
    Verizon is cool and has good service in my area I just had to switch to Sprint b/c I couldn't afford a bb with verizon and it was either them or my bb so the obvious choice was to switch.

10-23-08 08:46 AM
    Howdy sLpfhaWK,

I personally would not switch from a carrier I liked, just to get a phone that only another carrier has, unless I was sure I really wanted that phone. You say you don't like the iPhone's keypad, so why switch?

So just wait until the phone you might like comes out with your carrier, to try it before you decide to switch.
    10-23-08 01:40 PM
    People are rarely happy with their provider, you should stay. The Storm will not let you down.
    10-23-08 01:49 PM
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

10-24-08 04:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD