I was looking for imput to help me decide about an upgrade. Currently I'm using the Pearl 8130 and am starting to get bored you may say of all the problems I'm having or had with it. I was thinking about a Storm but I have herd that it has several bugs and whatnots. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 12:53 PM
    What's you're service provider. If you want to upgrade you may as well get the best that's out so it lasts you. Tmobile I say get the Javelin or 83xx series for the price. Verizon would be the Storm and AT&T would obviously be the bold. I'm only listing the 3 main providers in the states.

05-05-09 01:04 PM
    I don't know what phones Bell Canada has to offer, but I assume they'd have a Curve. I don't see why a Curve wouldn't be a good upgrade option.

What phones do they offer?
    05-05-09 01:46 PM
    why not just keep the pearl for a while and wait for the new phones to come out, that way you dont waste an upgrade.. the pearl is an extremely solid device maybe you can just upgrade the OS for now, so you can get the new phone feeling
    05-05-09 01:55 PM
    If your looking for a trip and some fun and NOSE (new os excitment, coined by another forums member) then definitely try out the Storm. it is a great and very able device, as long as you are comfortable doing leaked os updates. After updating and tweaking, these phones rock.
    05-05-09 01:58 PM
    why not just keep the pearl for a while and wait for the new phones to come out, that way you dont waste an upgrade.. the pearl is an extremely solid device maybe you can just upgrade the OS for now, so you can get the new phone feeling
    well they are sending me my 3rd pearl in less then 9 months. i should have it in a week or 2. im getting sick of all the dropped calls and phone restarting itself to factory settings.
    05-06-09 07:15 AM
    well they are sending me my 3rd pearl in less then 9 months. i should have it in a week or 2. im getting sick of all the dropped calls and phone restarting itself to factory settings.
    Just out of curiosity wehat is your file free mamory? go to options>status and repost that number.
    05-06-09 07:18 AM
    atm its 8115666 bytes so 8.1mb it normally floats around 4mb even with nothing else running at all just sending sms text. i have it set for 15mb file memory highest it ever is is 1189780 bytes after a battery pull
    Last edited by Jermoe; 05-06-09 at 08:00 AM.
    05-06-09 07:31 AM
    atm its 8115666 bytes so 8.1mb it normally floats around 4mb even with nothing else running at all just sending sms text. i have it set for 15mb file memory highest it ever is is 1189780 bytes after a battery pull
    WHAT?? I would definatly say drop the pearl! Do they no have an curves? Curves are very solid phones!
    05-06-09 08:04 AM
    Hey Jermoe- well i have a curve and very happy with it-and i agree with Ambz - it is a very solid device. But it all depends on what you prefer....and you dont have to upgrade at the moment. Take some time to think for sure about what you want with your next bb because you'll be with it for a while. Good luck with your choice!
    05-06-09 08:10 AM
    WHAT?? I would definatly say drop the pearl! Do they no have an curves? Curves are very solid phones!
    curve eh? i know bells got the curve, im saving up for an upgrade atm cuz i have 3 months before im allowed to updgrade. i just want to make a well informed decision.
    05-06-09 08:13 AM
    i would tell you to wait. the storm 2 is coming out and tmobile is dropping the Bold and possibly the 8520...
    05-06-09 09:41 AM
    wow so they gave me a new pearl and nothing installed yet at all and its worse! urgh i hate bell canada
    05-08-09 07:47 AM
    Well I will say that is some bad luck. Did they offer any other device besides the pearl?
    05-08-09 07:56 AM
    If I want to pay full price for any other phone I can get one. If I don't I'm stuck with the pearl

05-12-09 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD