Hey everyone I'm sure this isn't the place for this topic but I'm looking for peoples opinions.
    I'm new to blackberry and have only had my 8130 for 4 days now and this is the first one I've had so far I'm loving everything about it but I'm still not sure if I should have gone with the 8330.
    If you would care to enlighten me on which is the more popular or which one you prefer between the two I would be most appreciative.

Thanks muchly
    01-27-09 09:42 AM
    i love my pearl, u get a small device that can do all that the curve can, not the full qwerty though but suretype works fine, it's mostly a matter of size of screen, full qwerty Vs suretype ... either one is still great!
    My Vote Pearl!
    01-27-09 09:48 AM
    01-27-09 09:52 AM
    On my Pearl I have a 5 x 5 icon grid. On my Cruve I have 4 x 6 and on my 8900 I only have 3 x 6. We are going backwards with the number of icons visible.

For me I loved the Pearl's size but HATED SureType. I gave it 2 weeks and dreaded SMSing. I now use multitap and at least that makes some sense.

Then I got my Curve. Fabulous phone. Running a late version of OS 4.5 this device is now compleyely reliable. The main advantage of the Curve, for me, is the proper keyboard and the bigger screen.

I still marvel at the Pearl though when I compare it to my Javelin. This tiny phone does nearly everything that the Javelin does. RIM make really amazing devices.
    01-27-09 11:04 AM
    Pete, i don't care for suretype either. I have my Pearl running tip-top and it's a great device, i do long for a bigger screen though...
    01-27-09 11:09 AM
    It all comes down to personal preference. My brother has a Pearl and I just can't SMS without a QWERTY keyboard, so Curve was my choice. Other than that, they basically do the same thing. Like I said, it comes down to personal preference.
    01-27-09 11:12 AM
    I vote for the Pearl....I've had mine since Dec and love it. It is small enough for me to take anywhere, I really don't have a problem with suretype, and it really will do a lot of stuff!
    01-27-09 11:27 AM
    I had the Pearl for 7 months and wasn't loving it. I hated suretype with a passion. I bought a Curve and love everything about it. I don't think you can go wrong with the Curve.
    01-27-09 11:35 AM
    I still have both and to be perfectly honest I prefer the k/board on the
    Pearl over the Curve. SureType takes a couple of days to master
    but once you do, you'll be flying along like it's nobodies business.

I do agree however, it is a matter of personal preference
    01-27-09 01:01 PM
    I HATED the Pearl. I have had my Curve for several months and love it more each day! You can beat the bigger display and the qwerty keyboard. Also, there's more memory and it's faster.
    01-27-09 01:05 PM
    I HATED the Pearl. I have had my Curve for several months and love it more each day! You can beat the bigger display and the qwerty keyboard. Also, there's more memory and it's faster.
    Bigger display - less than 1/2 inch diff in width. Not world turning
    QWERTY - smaller and more cramped k/board = more typos
    More memory - True
    Faster - Um, no.
    01-27-09 01:11 PM
    I would go with the Curve. Its a great phone and I never had problems with it, It types fantastic! Or if you want to go with the bigger leagues, go for the Storm But the Curve is a good phone for a Novice. I still got one brand new in the box for later use
    01-27-09 01:17 PM
    I'd suggest going back into the store and playing around some more with both and see which one feels right to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 02:34 PM
    are you kidding???? CURVE!!!!!!!
    01-27-09 02:37 PM
    Curve all the way. Bigger screen, better keypad (personal opinion). You will not be disappointed.
    01-27-09 02:40 PM
    Curve! Its not that much bigger. You get a bigger screen and QWERTY keyboard. Do it.

01-27-09 02:46 PM
    I am the proud owner of a Curve. I finally decided that qwerty is a MUST for me, and I do alot of texting and emailing from my phone. I hate suretype and multitap with a passion...
    I agree with Quiara, you oughta go down to the store and play with them a bit. The Curve is not a massive phone by any means but it's all about what is important to you in a crackberry.
    01-27-09 02:46 PM
    Bigger display - less than 1/2 inch diff in width. Not world turning
    QWERTY - smaller and more cramped k/board = more typos
    More memory - True
    Faster - Um, no.
    I think when you are able to compare the two devices you can definitely see difference hubbie has my pearl and I have the curve 8330. I prefer the full keyboard and wider screen. But in the end it is a personal decison. Good luck!!! Any bb is a great choice!!!!!!

01-27-09 02:50 PM
    Curve is a sweet phone. I palyed with and looked at a pearl but no power usage.
    So I couldnt give you a full report. But you canT go wrong witht he Curve
    01-27-09 03:21 PM
    I think that it really comes down to what size fingers you have and how much memory you need. LOL! I have normal to small sized fingers, and even I have severe problems with the Curve's keyboard. I hit like 4 keys at the same time when I'm typing away at full speed. It is frustrating to be able to type 100+ wpm on a home computer and then have to go through the whole "2 letters typed, 1 backspaced" deal on the Curve. It makes my hands hurt too. My mother just got a Pearl 8130, and I LOVE the keyboard. Her memory on the phone might become an issue though, so it'll all a matter of pros and cons for what you personally need in a device.
    Last edited by CaraP; 01-27-09 at 04:19 PM.
    01-27-09 03:26 PM
    I think when you are able to compare the two devices you can definitely see difference hubbie has my pearl and I have the curve 8330. I prefer the full keyboard and wider screen. But in the end it is a personal decison. Good luck!!! Any bb is a great choice!!!!!!
    True!! I just don't like people who have not spent any serious time with the
    Pearl constantly slagging it in deference of all they have ever known, The
    Curve.

I approach all of the Curve vs Pearl threads from an objective, non-biased and
    informed mindset. They both have their pluses and minuses.
    If I had to give up ONE BB right now, I'd happily give up
    the Curve. I will always own a Pearl of some sort. It is that good of a phone.
    01-27-09 03:33 PM
    I have had my pearl for 2 years. I can upgrade now, but ive NEVER had an issue at all with my pearl, and i only have the 8100. The only thing that i thought about upgrading to is a different pearl with gps....lol And i actually like being able to type with my one thumb...lol Good luck!
    01-27-09 05:20 PM
    i've recently retired my Pearl for a Curve 2, and i do miss that the Pearl can fit in the change pocket of a pair of jeans

but as a former Pearl owner, i certainly appreciate the larger screen. the full qwerty wasn't that big of a deal because i was so used to suretype
    01-27-09 05:22 PM
    Pearl - it's the perfect marriage of all that a BB can do yet it's compact.

The suretype is not an issue, I HATED it at first and cursed it but I got used to it and can now type much faster than on a full qwerty and do it with one hand.
    01-27-09 06:06 PM
    Pearl - it's the perfect marriage of all that a BB can do yet it's compact.

The suretype is not an issue, I HATED it at first and cursed it but I got used to it and can now type much faster than on a full qwerty and do it with one hand.
    Yeah same here, hated it at first then loved it when I got used to it...

They are both good phones but in the end, I'd most likely go with the curve if I had to choose

01-27-09 06:52 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD