Hate to tell you but BBM has strong presence and very effectively used in Indonesia and Nigeria and some other countries.
    Indonesia: Why certain messaging apps win over others | Jana Blog

But as Indonesians abandon BlackBerry devices for Android, users are continuing to stick with the BBM app for Android. Indonesians are likely still using BBM due to network effects: a large number of their contacts who were once BlackBerry are continuing to use BBM as their primary messaging app, even as they migrated to other devices. Network effects, or the app prevalence amongst a user’s social contacts, is a major factor for why they choose to use one app heavily over others.
    Have to wonder if they had gone cross platform with BBM back when Jim wanted too... if maybe BBM might not be more ingrained in other markets too. Hopefully Channels is better received in those markets and is helping to finance the continued development and operation of BBM there.
    01-20-16 10:18 AM
    I have channels that I regularly update with a decent amount of reads per post. This is without all the BBM pin comments. I guess when people see large channels like techno buffalo they see it as an opportunity to try and get their pins across for more contacts. On the flip side it depends on the content you are offering your subscribers/potential subscribers,how often you post and leading to how professional you come across.

 @simonspatial
    01-20-16 11:42 AM
    2 out of 196 countries?

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    Something is better than nothing.
    01-21-16 08:59 AM
    That may be true, but as we've seen with device sales, there are usually some stronghold markets that BlackBerry keeps a strong presence in for awhile, but the global trend toward other brands eventually reaches those markets and you see BlackBerry's marketshare drop quickly. That may or may not hold true with messaging, but I suspect it will. If you're Nigerian or Indonesian and want to chat with someone in almost any other country, they probably use Whatsapp. And that's how it starts.
    You do have a point; hopefully BlackBerry will smell the coffee and start to vigorously re-engineer BBM to become more attractive to a larger audience and still have privacy and security maintained.
    01-21-16 09:05 AM
    You do have a point; hopefully BlackBerry will smell the coffee and start to vigorously re-engineer BBM to become more attractive to a larger audience and still have privacy and security maintained.
    Absolutely. I'd love to see BBM be successful globally.
    01-21-16 10:10 AM
    They were obviously meant to be humorous. If you have a problem with such posts, you should probably have the problem with the people who post exactly those kinds of things but are dead serious about what they're saying. In my case, the "LOL" and the smiley face are a pretty good indication that I wasn't intending to do anything but lighten the mood a bit.
    Smiley face? Anyone mention smiley face? ;-D

Cheers, mate. I do it all the time... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    01-21-16 08:09 PM
    BBM Team could make a few bucks by letting their emoticons/smileez (whatever its called) be used on other Im apps. Whatsapp smileys are bad.

Second thing they ought to do is delete every BBM channel ever created which isn't active on a monthly basis. There are thousands upon thousands of dead channels.

Technobuffalo got about 50k subs in 2.5 months time. 500 legitimate subs maybe. The remaining were 50 k nigerians and indonesians exchanging pins. Im pretty sure that 50 k number would be less than 10k before 2k16 gets over. Right now no new BBM registration is possible as it aint going pass the setting up bbm screen. 3days, no response from bbm team. Nobody else really cares really. Not even the BBM team. A vital pillar meant to contribute to BlackBerrys profit or so the "john" said.
    Last edited by valer466; 01-24-16 at 11:35 PM.
    01-24-16 11:19 PM
    Is there a BBM team left?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 12:08 PM
108 ... 345