Dear Thorsten & Kevin,
    You guys are the leaders of our Blackberry & Crackberry Nation!

You really know how much we love RIM and Blackberry! And Thorsten said in one of his first interviews as the new CEO of RIM that he will listen carefully what wishes we have - we Blackberry users!

Today Apple announced their new Ipad and not thaaaat long ago their Iphone 4S - which are great devices, no doubt!
    But it also showed that Apple lost it's drive a bit and frustated their customers a bit with "too less" innovation.
    Those latest products were really a bit disappointing for Apple lovers.

That could be a turnaround for RIM, the best time is NOW to strike back!
    That also mean innovations no others have!

I put my eye on:
    - Senseg technology!
    That would be a breakthrou for BB10 devices! I combinates the BEST of two worlds! The great advantage of a full-touchscreen & at the same time it could simulate a physical keyboard, when it comes to typing! You really could feel the buttons right on the touchscreen!
    Possibilities? Endlessly!
    The keyboard could be optimised with every update! Too small? Update! Too big? Update!
    Thats the future!

- No Skype for Blackberry? Don't care!
    RIM offers such great products! Why not it's own videochat solution for Smartphones, Playbook AND PC/Mac?!
    People buy more Blackberry devices, if they could use it with a skype-like service in combination with their PC/Mac.
    Make your own "Skype"-software, please!

- Shrink your portfolio to the essential devices like:
    Bold (highclass), Curve (lowclass), Storm/Torch (full-touch) and a Slider.
    We don't need 1000s of different variations of Curves or so - just on excellent product in each class! That saves money on researching and developing
    And ain't it possible to built two systems in one device? GSM and CDMA?

There is a lot what could bring RIM back on track!
    Please do something - the right time is NOW!!!

All my love,

Slash

Und gr��e aus der bayerischen Heimat an Thorsten!
    jkomo001, Delil and cgull like this.
    03-07-12 07:16 PM
    Good email. Yep, I agree. Now is the time to strike.
    03-07-12 07:41 PM
    RIM still has time to "strike", The new devices coming out are nice and are an upgrade but if RIM bides its time then they can capitalize on the competition. Obviously I would love to have a BB10 device now but it would just hurt RIM. The iPhone 5 will be hard to compete against and so will Android devices and Windows Phone this fall but if BB10 is as advanced and powerful as I believe it will be then RIM still has a fighting chance. PlayBook OS2.0 is a perfect example of progress towards BB10 They don't have all the time in the world but they still have time and I believe they are using every second of each day to make BB10 the best ever.

Just curious Kevin, what did you think of the "New iPad?"

.......Is that really the name? "New iPad?" That sounds kind of silly to me.....however they could name it the iTurd and it would still sell.
    03-07-12 08:04 PM
    Most people aren't even using skype anymore. A lot are using oovoo (I think that's how you spell it)
    But yes I agree. Make the video chat available on all computer devices and only berry phones can have it.

I also would like to see the video chat on bb10 run through bbm so it would be less faulty than a regular connection.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-07-12 11:06 PM
    "The Rimpire Strikes Back!"
    Delil likes this.
    03-07-12 11:30 PM
    We don't need 1000s of different variations of Curves or so - just on excellent product in each class! That saves money on researching and developing
    I would like to see a curve for the lower end, a bold with a big screen (people don't seem to care much about size anymore), a full touch screen, and clamshell phone like the style. I know the Style didn't turn any heads but it was a good phone and a good idea.
    03-07-12 11:33 PM
    I would like to see a curve for the lower end, a bold with a big screen (people don't seem to care much about size anymore), a full touch screen, and clamshell phone like the style. I know the Style didn't turn any heads but it was a good phone and a good idea.
    I'd like to see a clamshell phone wiht a touch. would be a cool idea. but i feel like you gota have a slider in the roundup
    03-07-12 11:38 PM
    they need to stop cheap plasticky phones and come up with polished software
    03-07-12 11:39 PM
    BB10 needs to revolutionize and hit the streets before the iPhone 5. If somehow BB10 devices go big and are bigger than the top secret iPhone 5 as it is revealed (assuming later on in the year)...we will have leap frogged. Can RIM do it? Is that their game plan?
    03-07-12 11:50 PM
    A PC web browser interface into the RIM Video Chat network is a great idea! Sure would help me out!
    03-08-12 06:13 AM
    This is probably a glimpse of the blindingly obvious but here is what needs to happen... RIM must execute flawlessly on delivering a touch screen OS10 device. I would define flawless as:

- High quality hw/sw that is relevant and comparable to market
    - Consistent BB messaging and communication experience
    - 4G
    - Solid marketing launch campaign
    - On time delivery

There is nothing more important in the history of RIM than this.
    03-08-12 06:40 PM

.......Is that really the name? "New iPad?" That sounds kind of silly to me.....however they could name it the iTurd and it would still sell.

No, apple just makes iturds. They don't actually name them that, though.
    And they sell because their customers are iSuckers.
    Last edited by drummer_god; 03-08-12 at 09:13 PM.
    03-08-12 09:09 PM
    i vote for 3 kinds of cell phone hardware. high, mid and low. no in between. qnx seems to be polished enough just put it in better hardware. the time has come RIM. show us what you have.
    03-08-12 10:59 PM
    I like this letter. As I was reading the live blogging of Apple's big day on my PlayBook, tethered to my 9810, I realized that I was already doing something that no iPad will most likely ever be able to do. I actually got more excited for future RIM tablets during Apple's big unveiling, oddly enough. I kept thinking.."if my PlayBook has had a 5megapixel camera for almost a year, certainly any major overhauls of the PlayBook will have a better one.." NFC is picking up steam, and RIM has already shown that it can include it, so add NFC to the list of what could be on a new RIM tablet.

Also, notifications of new messages is something that I think RIM could really further their lead in. I've always thought it would be SO cool to have notification indicators sort of hidden in the bezel. The bezel could remain black and unassuming, like it is now, but if I got an email for example, the usual yellow envelope with red star would illuminate IN the bezel, making it look like the envelope is part of the bezel, until you acknowledge it and the bezel goes back to being entirely black.

I don't even know if that technology exists, but nothing exists until someone makes it exist, and RIM has already shown us that a plain black bezel can play an integral role in the tablet experience, and whenever I'm on an iPad, its bezel seems so lifeless. RIM can make its already lively bezel even livelier...the bezel already sets the PlayBook apart from other tablets...it would be awesome to see a simple thing like a bezel set RIM apart AND ahead.

I'm done with this rant, but in case anyone is wondering, the PlayBook's new and improved keyboard makes ranting so much easier
    03-09-12 03:34 AM
    )
    Great buddy. I thought I am the only surviving person to realize this.
    See what Apple has become.
    The biggest arm-chair commentators asses,while over their praising gaga, everything but as simple thiing as this!!
    03-09-12 09:45 AM
    I was actually thinking that we deserved another 'leak'
    It hurts to wait on BB10.
    With twice the RAM and formidable graphics you have to respect the 'new ipad' but something stinks about the name. However with LTE radios the carriers will market the he'll out of it.
    03-09-12 03:22 PM
    No, apple just makes iturds. They don't actually name them that, though.
    And they sell because their customers are iSuckers.
    BRiLiaNT comment.. i Like mi PB and mi iPhone. Here in Canada i can use hotspot at no extra cost.it makes interesting combo i think. So i guess i'm a iSucker and BBsucker. They sell because i think they make good products. Just a thought from an iSucker... i posted this from mi iPad2 cause mi wife won't let me have mi Playbook back. Wi all the ihate??
    Last edited by skier1960; 03-09-12 at 04:21 PM.
    03-09-12 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD