I am writing this as I am a little worried of all the posts I have seen of companies changing over to Ios or Android.. Also the general publics perception, I believe need to know how great BB10 phones will be.. I am curious as to what RIM is doing about this.. I myself have had a few ideas... 1 Would be to offer companies free upgrades to the companies using outdated BB's. 2 Maybe offering free phones and deals to certain companies who already use android or to entice back to BB.. 3 I would also do the same for the general public who have or are within a year away from upgrading.. 4 Market the s?!+ out of the new playbook and its new OS and what it can do REAL SOON. Maybe put a few adds in local papers in large cities in NA and tell them where the company is and what they are doing and what is to come, and how great it will be... A lot of people think the company is dead, or dying or will be bought out, solely because of what they have read, not everyone knows how or what they are doing, not everyone is on Crackberry.. Their opinion is based on ignorance, so thats why I mentioned the newspaper thing... Any other thoughts, throw them out their.......
    02-09-12 09:52 PM
    I'd like to add to that........

Get Blackberries in use in TV and Film on the big and small screen.

(see my post http://forums.crackberry.com/general...v-film-696322/)
    02-10-12 07:43 AM
    I am writing this as I am a little worried of all the posts I have seen of companies changing over to Ios or Android.. Also the general publics perception, I believe need to know how great BB10 phones will be.. I am curious as to what RIM is doing about this.. I myself have had a few ideas... 1 Would be to offer companies free upgrades to the companies using outdated BB's. 2 Maybe offering free phones and deals to certain companies who already use android or to entice back to BB.. 3 I would also do the same for the general public who have or are within a year away from upgrading.. 4 Market the s?!+ out of the new playbook and its new OS and what it can do REAL SOON. Maybe put a few adds in local papers in large cities in NA and tell them where the company is and what they are doing and what is to come, and how great it will be... A lot of people think the company is dead, or dying or will be bought out, solely because of what they have read, not everyone knows how or what they are doing, not everyone is on Crackberry.. Their opinion is based on ignorance, so thats why I mentioned the newspaper thing... Any other thoughts, throw them out their.......
    1 - RIM needs to market directly to decision makers (CIOs, Mobility SMEs, IT Directors, etc).
    2 - RIM needs to do a side by side comparison of the tablets. Not just say "oh how great is the playbook"
    3 - RIM needs to NOT do a side by side feature comparison with the iPhone or Android devices. Do a side by side feature comparison of the ENTIRE MDM platform.
    4 - Do NOT even mention being the only phone in the enterprise. Keep options open. Admit that there are some aspects you are working on, and some aspects where you have your strengths.
    5 - Give away the BES. Stop charging for the server software and JUST charge for the CALs. Also offer a VMware download of it already ready and configured.

Those are the 5 steps for the business world. For consumers its very different. BB7 is a middle product, last of the old age and prior to the new. Expect mediocre success. Give these devices away AND/OR offer a credit towards an upgrade of the BB10 devices. Push them HARD.
    Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 02-10-12 at 07:55 AM.
    tack and BigBadWulf like this.
    02-10-12 07:50 AM
    So basically 1,2 & 3, give it all away free. 4, market the free stuff you're giving away. Good plan

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    02-10-12 07:51 AM
    Also the general publics perception, I believe need to know how great BB10 phones will be..
    No no no. "Will be" is useless. Instead, they need to show how great BB10 devices are, but they can't do that until the devices are ready to sell.
    02-10-12 07:57 AM
    So basically 1,2 & 3, give it all away free. 4, market the free stuff you're giving away. Good plan

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    Its an incentive, you have to retain somehow, offer a few months free then charge, Not meaning give everything for free..
    02-10-12 10:01 AM
    Dear Thorsten:

Please hug my nuts. Many of us are hugging yours, and in the face of profound derision, I might add, though gladly and proudly doing so nonetheless; the least you can do is return the favor.

That is all.
    kbz1960 and homer1475 like this.
    02-10-12 03:17 PM
    1 - RIM needs to market directly to decision makers (CIOs, Mobility SMEs, IT Directors, etc).
    Big mistake. These guys are getting put in their place, reassigned as directors under the CFO, etc. Companies are DONE with making IT decisions and are back to making business decisions.

Market to the users. Not to the guy who made a career of saying "You're stuck with it, I don't support anything else. Deal with it."
    02-10-12 03:21 PM
    Its an incentive, you have to retain somehow, offer a few months free then charge, Not meaning give everything for free..
    You can't give something away for free then turn around and charge.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    02-10-12 03:24 PM
    Dear Thorsten:

Please hug my nuts. Many of us are hugging yours, and in the face of profound derision, I might add, though gladly and proudly doing so nonetheless; the least you can do is return the favor.

That is all.
    Wtf. Lmao!

02-10-12 03:25 PM
    5 - Give away the BES. Stop charging for the server software and JUST charge for the CALs. Also offer a VMware download of it already ready and configured.
    SPECTACULAR idea. Would simplify things for RIM's engineers, too, since there would be no need to support a separate BESx product; they could just set a threshold for free CALs.
    02-10-12 03:25 PM
    It amazes me the amount of undiscovered wisdom and insightful business acumen there is in this forum. Properly harnessed it would have prevented the collapse of the world economy, find a cure for the common cold, and accelerate the research on teleportation. I am particularly interested in the last in that list.
    OniBerry likes this.
    02-10-12 03:27 PM
    You can't give something away for free then turn around and charge.

Sure you can, it's called an incentive, first two months free etc etc...
    OniBerry likes this.
    02-10-12 03:48 PM
    It amazes me the amount of undiscovered wisdom and insightful business acumen there is in this forum. Properly harnessed it would have prevented the collapse of the world economy, find a cure for the common cold, and accelerate the research on teleportation. I am particularly interested in the last in that list.
    I think you are a little extreme..They're just a few ideas....
    02-10-12 03:50 PM
    RIM has already identified their screw ups and are working hard to correct it. Let people leave. There will come a time when they come crawling back.
    02-10-12 04:59 PM
    RIM has already identified their screw ups and are working hard to correct it. Let people leave. There will come a time when they come crawling back.
    It would be interesting to see a list of companies that had near-death experiences, but recovered with users eventually returning.

1. Apple
    2. ...?

There must be TONS, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that users will crawl back to RIMM, certainly we are basing this on precedents?

It would be neat to list them here, if space permits.
    02-10-12 05:16 PM
    Sony, Flip, Kodak, Polaroid, Nokia, Microsoft, Apple all said that once. Even Apple's return had more to do with new products than success with old ones.
    02-10-12 05:31 PM
    It would be interesting to see a list of companies that had near-death experiences, but recovered with users eventually returning.

1. Apple
    2. ...?

There must be TONS, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that users will crawl back to RIMM, certainly we are basing this on precedents?

It would be neat to list them here, if space permits.
    75 million users is not anything close to a near death experience.
    02-10-12 05:36 PM
    and 1.5 billion means they are not about to go bankrupt either.
    02-10-12 05:42 PM
    Sony, Flip, Kodak, Polaroid, Nokia, Microsoft, Apple all said that once. Even Apple's return had more to do with new products than success with old ones.
    Hence the purchase of QNX and all the other companies RIM has purchased in the last few years.
    02-10-12 05:47 PM
    Rim needs to just flood the advertisement and show people how good the new software is going to be on 2.0 and BB10. And make it family friendly like the competition does.
    02-10-12 06:24 PM
    75 million users is not anything close to a near death experience.
    Mmmm hmmm. Yes, sounds familiar. Follows the pattern pretty exactly... "Let's keep cutting the price, gotta keep the unit count up... oh dear..."

and 1.5 billion means they are not about to go bankrupt either.
    If I'm not mistaken, that $1.5B was at a particular point in time in the past. If 90 days prior to that point in time, the cash balance was $3.0B (and it was), and profitability has declined (and it has), could we extrapolate and estimate what the cash balance might be today?
    02-10-12 06:40 PM
    Qbnkelt. Define teleportation . If you speak of remote re assembling of matter from a data source, it ain't that far off. Cheers

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-10-12 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD