Theres rumors that this is so... I dont know about you guys, but I love Suretype, and who ever doesn't obviously hasn't had a Storm long enough to appreciate it. Its very useful to type with one hand while talking to someone, or while your driving. It feels good to have a free hand to use the remote while responding to a email on my Storm.

If they scrap it'll be the dumbest move ever, how much of an inconvenience would it be to add A SureType to the Menu? Its uniquely RIM.
    04-15-11 11:43 AM
    Actually not so unique.

It's available on android.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-11 12:05 PM
    By the way, I used it to post this with my DX.

04-15-11 12:06 PM
    or while your driving.
    Nooo please don't!!

04-15-11 12:18 PM
    Where has anyone said they are getting rid of SureType? They are getting rid of SurePress (the click screen). In fact, I think the leaked spec sheet for the Monaco/Monza said full QWERTY, SureType and multi-tap keyboards were all present.
    04-15-11 12:21 PM
    I haven't heard anything about RIM getting rid of SureType. I know the new phones will not have SurePress.
    04-15-11 12:26 PM
    Oh snap, my bad... You're both right, I think it was the SurePress... Damn..

@ yehrulz.. I cant...help....it

close thread....
    04-15-11 03:28 PM
    Sure press I don't miss at all. I thought I would, but I was wrong.

Sure Type on the bb is what kept me with the storm for so long. I love the one thumb typing. When I found that it was available for android, it made the switch very easy.

04-15-11 07:53 PM
    Surepress was something convenient and fast to type with, but however, RIM's Storm 1 and 2, both didnt do a very good job on their screen and processing speed, it lags alot for a touchscreen. i personally been using a storm 2 for almost 5 months and i gave up, switched back to bold 2 and im loving it.
    04-15-11 11:42 PM
    Gotta love SureType!!!! I can type amazingly fast on my S2, prolly faster and more accurate than most people w a physical kb. On my S1 it did lag a lot, but I got used to having a word typed before seeing it lol!!!!

04-16-11 10:48 AM
    Gotta love SureType!!!! I can type amazingly fast on my S2, prolly faster and more accurate than most people w a physical kb. On my S1 it did lag a lot, but I got used to having a word typed before seeing it lol!!!!

I used to like SurePress a lot. It was one reason for me keeping the Storm 2 for quite a bit of time. It was smooth and fast, no lagging on the software part at all. However eventually I typed faster than the mechanical parts could handle... and I switched to a Bold 2.
    04-16-11 11:43 AM
    Actually not so unique.

It's available on android.

I'm splitting hairs here, but the 20-key "compressed qwerty" available for Android devices is not SureType...it's a far cry from it, and generally sucks in comparison. The layout is the same, but execution and overall experience lacks dramatically in my opinion.

I'm waiting patiently for the next touchscreen BB so I can use it again. I was monster typing with SureType...
    04-16-11 02:42 PM
    Theres rumors that this is so... I dont know about you guys, but I love Suretype, and who ever doesn't obviously hasn't had a Storm long enough to appreciate it.
    Or they couldn't use a Storm long enough because they don't appreciate it. SurePress that is.
    04-16-11 03:18 PM
    I'm splitting hairs here, but the 20-key "compressed qwerty" available for Android devices is not SureType...it's a far cry from it, and generally sucks in comparison. The layout is the same, but execution and overall experience lacks dramatically in my opinion.

I'm waiting patiently for the next touchscreen BB so I can use it again. I was monster typing with SureType...
    The one I'm using is smart keyboard. There are a couple of bugs but it is practically the same as sure type. I don't think the dictionary is as extensive but that is fixed by adding words you may use often to the user dictionary or auto type dictionary. I type just as fast with this as I did the storm.

04-16-11 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD