A Blackberry, that is the size of the TRUE BOLD you once created in the past, yes, the 9000. A nice sleek touchscreen (no sliding, no nothing), just a plain touch screen added to the true Bold and of course OS6.

RIM, is that REALLY too much to ask for? Get those 3 together and a lot of people would be really really happy. For life...

Sincerely,
    Me
    09-20-10 01:17 AM
    Wait for OS 6 and you shall be happy.

Now, don't expect this thread to not be hit with rage lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 04:12 AM
    Please RIM NO touch screen on a Bold type device. My experience with the Storm 2 has convinced me that I loathe a touch screen.
    09-20-10 05:10 AM
    Please RIM NO touch screen on a Bold type device. My experience with the Storm 2 has convinced me that I loathe a touch screen.
    A well designed touch screen is an absolute pleasure to use. I could easily get behind a bold with a touch screen as long as they upgrade the rest of the hardware as well so it doesn't lag excessively.
    09-20-10 09:09 AM
    A well designed touch screen is an absolute pleasure to use. I could easily get behind a bold with a touch screen as long as they upgrade the rest of the hardware as well so it doesn't lag excessively.

RIMs track record doesnt present evidence of a well designed touch screen.

lets stick with QWERTY phones.
    09-20-10 09:11 AM
    RIMs track record doesnt present evidence of a well designed touch screen.

lets stick with QWERTY phones.
    Point taken. Perhaps they could outsource it to one of the companies out there who have gotten touchscreen right. That would be nearly the ultimate bb if they included a little more screen realestate.
    09-20-10 09:17 AM
    So basically you are asking for a Blackberry Version of Motorola Charm?
    09-20-10 09:35 AM
    So basically you are asking for a Blackberry Version of Motorola Charm?
    More like the Palm Pixi. The Charm is so ugly.
    Last edited by Karmaloop; 09-20-10 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Grammar
    09-20-10 09:41 AM
    Well said! I hope we see this phone in the future. Seems like it would be so easy too do! Who knows with RIM though.....
    09-20-10 11:32 AM
    Stop letting the wireless companies cripple Blackberry devices.
    09-20-10 11:39 AM
    Stop letting the wireless companies cripple Blackberry devices.
    The carriers do not design the phones, they are not crippling the devices.

I'd love to hear why you think they are doing just that....
    09-20-10 12:13 PM
    The carriers do not design the phones, they are not crippling the devices.

I'd love to hear why you think they are doing just that....
    Cellular providers make "deals" with the companies that make the phones. "we will sell your device, but only if certain thing are not available to the end user."

Verizon used to have their phone crippled so you couldn't use the GPS for any apps other than the GPS app you have to buy from them. They also used to have it set up so you had to buy ring tones from them. Just so Verizon could make extra money.

They have my Curve set so I can't chose my own search engine. The option to change it is there, but I won't change to anything but Bing.
    09-20-10 12:32 PM
    wait for the storm 3 that seems to be the closest to what you are looking for
    09-22-10 08:00 AM
    Cellular providers make "deals" with the companies that make the phones. "we will sell your device, but only if certain thing are not available to the end user."

Verizon used to have their phone crippled so you couldn't use the GPS for any apps other than the GPS app you have to buy from them. They also used to have it set up so you had to buy ring tones from them. Just so Verizon could make extra money.

They have my Curve set so I can't chose my own search engine. The option to change it is there, but I won't change to anything but Bing.
    Research in Motion makes the Blackberry you are holding in your hand. Verzion inputs stuff into the OS, that prevents the GPS from working, or allow side loading "ringtones" /but i know it is possible to side load ringtones onto VZW's devices. anyway.... they are not crippling the devices, they customizing them to their network, for their customer base. i know a little on how it worked, ATT's wi-fi hotspots block out every Blackberry other than ATT supplied codes. I did figure out how to get my Wi-Fi on my Blackberry 9700 and 8900 to work on ATT wifi hot spots, really simple and easy to do actually. anyway, Verzion is one of the few who do this.. if you do not like what they do. leave. it's that simple.

09-22-10 10:49 AM
    anyway.... they are not crippling the devices, they customizing them to their network, for their customer base.
    Now you're just talking about semantics. If you "customize" a device so features that are included from the manufacturer no longer function the way it was designed, that device is now crippled.

You can call it a rose if you like, but it still stinks.

There is trial version software out there like that. You may use the software for a time, and it will function as it normally should. But if you go past the time where you are required to pay for it, the software either stops working, or changes the way it works to limit what you can do. I bet you can guess what they call this type of software. CRIPPLEWARE! Because it changes the normal way the program is supposed to function.
    09-22-10 12:03 PM
    Now you're just talking about semantics. If you "customize" a device so features that are included from the manufacturer no longer function the way it was designed, that device is now crippled.

You can call it a rose if you like, but it still stinks.

There is trial version software out there like that. You may use the software for a time, and it will function as it normally should. But if you go past the time where you are required to pay for it, the software either stops working, or changes the way it works to limit what you can do. I bet you can guess what they call this type of software. CRIPPLEWARE! Because it changes the normal way the program is supposed to function.
    I'm not calling it a Rose, and yes it does stink. I agree 110%. but the fact still remains it's not a "crippled" device. It still has GPS, it still has wi-fi, it's the same phone.

While we are on this note. I wonder why this isn't considered a monopoly. It's one Company controlling their product and making you use their services, when there are competitors out there that can do just as good as a service for lesser money.

09-22-10 12:38 PM
    [/B]I'm not calling it a Rose, and yes it does stink. I agree 110%. but the fact still remains it's not a "crippled" device. It still has GPS, it still has wi-fi, it's the same phone.[/B]

While we are on this note. I wonder why this isn't considered a monopoly. It's one Company controlling their product and making you use their services, when there are competitors out there that can do just as good as a service for lesser money.

Its not the same phone when the features are killed off or replaced by expensive inferior options. VZW is notorious for crippling its devices to upsell their own garbage (remember the bluetooth fiasco?). Its surprising they havent been sued to be honest, since its anti-competitive practices to keep consumers from using the best service they see fit.

Unfortunate for BlackBerry users their stuck with whatever VZW tells them, Android users while they have to root and mod the device atleast they have that freedom to not be dicked over should VZW pull another Vibrant atrocity.
    09-22-10 01:03 PM
    Its not the same phone when the features are killed off or replaced by expensive inferior options. VZW is notorious for crippling its devices to upsell their own garbage (remember the bluetooth fiasco?). Its surprising they havent been sued to be honest, since its anti-competitive practices to keep consumers from using the best service they see fit.

Unfortunate for BlackBerry users their stuck with whatever VZW tells them, Android users while they have to root and mod the device atleast they have that freedom to not be dicked over should VZW pull another Vibrant atrocity.
    And just imagine how some of us former AllTel subscribers felt when we learned Verizon had bought AllTel? I remember getting settled with the idea, and then two months after being switched there was the Bing-only search from BB devices. But, in Verizon's defense Microsoft paid them $500 million, so they had to.
    09-22-10 01:27 PM
    I can't stand Verizon for that reason....which is a main reason I will never use them. They get you for everything...

09-22-10 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD