First outage I remember of this year but yeah the backup should've not also failed.
    10-12-11 03:52 PM
    I love how whenever there is a BIS outage all these posters with 4 and 6 posts show up and start writing letters "to RIM" about how they're so pi$$ed and about to switch over to android or the dead guy's platform because of it.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-12-11 04:04 PM
    I love how whenever there is a BIS outage all these posters with 4 and 6 posts show up and start writing letters "to RIM" about how they're so pi$$ed and about to switch over to android or the dead guy's platform because of it.

This statement is unreasonable. People rely on their phones whether it's for facebook or business. It IS important to them and they have the right to upset about the loss of service. ESPECIALLY a service that is built into the core of a phone.
    10-12-11 04:13 PM
    Nice attempt to try to divert the issue at hand but an OS update issue is absolutely nothing compared to the severity of what RIM and the people that depend on BIS/BES are going through.
    Not sure, because when your new OS is possible bricking users phones, and they are unable to restore them. Could become much more of a headache then a phone that is slow to receive emails.

iOS 5 Update Problems
    10-12-11 04:23 PM
    Knowledge 6,

Appreciate your sentiments, but this is incredibly bad for RIM. Not just because a few million customers are suddenly unhappy with their service, but because of the impression something like this leaves on the general populace. If the general consensus becomes "RIM 's going down and can't get their **** together, so avoid them at all costs", that perception will haunt them forever.

No, it wasn't planned. Yes, **** happens. The trouble arises when that **** that happened gets irreversibly linked to your company--it can follow you around forever. Considering the awful year RIM has had, I'd say this has a pretty good chance of sticking.
    10-12-11 04:29 PM
    Another angry BIS user with 11 posts just had his "So Long" thread locked, lol.
    10-12-11 04:34 PM
    Another angry BIS user with 11 posts just had his "So Long" thread locked, lol.
    This statement is unreasonable. People rely on their phones whether it's for facebook or business. It IS important to them and they have the right to upset about the loss of service. ESPECIALLY a service that is built into the core of a phone.
    Grow up and get real.
    avt123 likes this.
    10-12-11 04:45 PM
    Some of ya need a reality check. ...I really mean that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-11 08:21 PM
    exactly, people choose BB knowing they have that infrastructure.. there is a risk, and that risk is BIS being down..

and that is why Apple, Android and WP7 users don't have BBM, packet Data, and push notifications as good as BB's

if you can't handle that risk then buy any of the other mentioned devices and you don't have to suffer through BIS outages.
    Apple users now have iMessage which may be more useful. They also have push notifications. My 4S is in the mail.
    10-12-11 09:25 PM
    Not sure, because when your new OS is possible bricking users phones, and they are unable to restore them. Could become much more of a headache then a phone that is slow to receive emails.

iOS 5 Update Problems
    The one thing they're not reporting is the million+ users who updated and nothing bad happened.
    10-13-11 09:11 AM
    The one thing they're not reporting is the million+ users who updated and nothing bad happened.
    Your right, because no one ever reports on the good news in the world, we only want to hear about the bad things that happen to people. It gives us a faults sence of joy, because someone else is having a worse life at that moment in time than us.

Thats why no one reported that BlackBerry had been up and running error free for months. This outage was all over the news last night, but this morning now that everything is back to normal, not one of those news outlets are saying, anything about it.
    10-13-11 09:40 AM
    If failure avoidance and continuity of service is so vital and important I recommend a fully redundant system with no single point of failure. That means at least - two phones with different OS, on different networks, each taking traffic from two different email addresses, hosted on geographically separated mail servers, using unrelated network routing.
    10-13-11 11:34 AM
    If failure avoidance and continuity of service is so vital and important I recommend a fully redundant system with no single point of failure. That means at least - two phones with different OS, on different networks, each taking traffic from two different email addresses, hosted on geographically separated mail servers, using unrelated network routing.
    Look I am not saying that it's the end of the world but can empathize with people who are upset.

I wasn't angry, I just think it's asinine to make comments like that other forum member did.
    10-13-11 12:31 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD