The frequency of outages to my service, especially this year, have caused me to begin falling out of love with you and my blackberry. Emails and BBM are no longer enough to keep me interested in you when all you do is flake out on me. I can no longer depend on you for the mind blowing service you've once provided for me.... this makes me sad .

Please get your act together and give me a reason not to cheat on you with an iPhone or Android phone before it's too late.

Signed,
    Falling out of love

-------------------------------------------

I just had to vent. I'm tired of these horrible blackberry outages so much so that I'm ready to throw my phone against the wall. I'm itching to get a different phone because this is enough already.
    10-12-11 08:47 AM
    Updating servers to BIS 4.0 Is not Fool proof.

Sorry.
    -RIM. (Not really)
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    10-12-11 08:52 AM
    Updating servers to BIS 4.0 Is not Fool proof.

Sorry.
    -RIM. (Not really)
    Apparently it's not "RIM Engineer"-proof either.
    10-12-11 08:55 AM
    I can understand your problems except an another phone won't please you because you will lose some benefits. I don't know I'm a big fanboy :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-11 08:57 AM
    RIM, has a lot going on these days, there is the BIS 4.1 roll-out, which will further task overworked servers, both in the roll-out and in providing BIS services, and the impending PlayBook OS update, AND it is nearing the Christmas buying season, so they want to be able to support all of the new devices they hope consumers will be buying.
    10-12-11 09:09 AM
    This was due to a technical FAULT not an update my friend

10-12-11 09:12 AM
    It would be nice to get a notification on my phone when there will be an outage to service. I'm fine with that. I work in IT so I understand roll-outs and technical issues and the like - what irks me is I never know when it's going to happen. We notify our users in advance when we are taking down a system for an upgrade or repair and give users every opportunity to make arrangements/ask questions etc. So is this supposed to be RIM's job or the service provider to notify it's customers?

Push notifications out to your users instead of possibly interrupting service, having them get upset and then forcing them to google answers. This doesn't build great trust especially when it happens OVER AND OVER again.

So maybe "jumping ship" isn't the answer, but then what is?

Yes, I hate not being in control .
    10-12-11 09:23 AM
    Its been a while since the last outage for me. I would like them to set something up so we can see what's going on and have some idea of an eta. Btw, heard 3 hrs about an hour ago. Just setup a site that shows the status of the network.

10-12-11 09:35 AM
    it's not a planned outage...it was a failure that happened without notice..

if u work in IT sometimes u know these unforeseen meltdowns are a pain..

people just need to ******* relax!

i've experienced 3 outages in the last year of BIS.. this is reported to be the longest..

In the fast paced techology driven world we live in today it's expected there are outages that affect customers...

"ohh but RIM has been under the fire for the last few months so this will only hurt them more, and it's been 3 days and they can't get their **** together"

have u ever dealt with a world wide outage before? u think people are sittin their going "haha sucker's bbm don't work"...

this is not just cause it;s RIM.. any telecommunications, technology driven company that gets crapped on for outages is completely not fair.. it happens, we don't live in a PERFECT society where everything works 100% of the time..

yes u limit these incidents, but they happen and if u can;t live without DATA for a few days u need to get a new life!
    Spawn12 and mozzamay like this.
    10-12-11 11:48 AM

i've experienced 3 outages in the last year of BIS.. this is reported to be the longest..

In the fast paced techology driven world we live in today it's expected there are outages that affect customers...

"ohh but RIM has been under the fire for the last few months so this will only hurt them more, and it's been 3 days and they can't get their **** together"

have u ever dealt with a world wide outage before? u think people are sittin their going "haha sucker's bbm don't work"...

this is not just cause it;s RIM.. any telecommunications, technology driven company that gets crapped on for outages is completely not fair.. it happens, we don't live in a PERFECT society where everything works 100% of the time..

yes u limit these incidents, but they happen and if u can;t live without DATA for a few days u need to get a new life!
    Ok ok, ya, I over reacted. Thanks for that. I get it. I do. Sh!t happens and you're right, I should know because it has happened to me where I'm left scrambling for a fix (at which point I am on the phone, email and corporate website IMMEDIATELY to let users know there's an issue and being looked at). But being a crackberry wh0re for years with great service makes it that much more frustrating when it seems that my service is interrupted at least once every few weeks for at least an hour at a time or more just this year.

Imagine if your cable provider had the same issues every few weeks, I'm sure you'd be frustrated too. Yes, I can live without my phone and it isn't the end of the world, but at the end of the day, it's a service that I pay for. period. Just like any other business, if I'm not happy with my service, I will go else where.

I apologize if I offended you; frustration makes me say what I feel .
    10-12-11 01:24 PM

u can;t live without DATA for a few days u need to get a new life!
    Your concept of the English language and spelling is awful, but I digress. How do people like you graduate school, let alone survive in this world typing and no doubt speaking like that?

I took offense to this statement because I depend on my phone for work emails when I'm away from my office and am stuck in business meetings or on conference calls. Being without emails on my BB hurts me not only as an employee but also as a manager. Other employees know I'm in meetings and they'll email me to let me know of problems. Right now, I can't get those emails. Lugging a laptop around is hard when you're juggling everything else and aside from which, not every meeting I go to has room for a laptop. Not everyone who uses data on a BB is some teenager who is in luv with her boifriynd. There are lots of people, myself included, who depend on their phones to work when they need them to and right now, we're being let down.

Not to mention when I'm at home. I don't have Internet at my house and depend only on my BB as my form of internet. Without data, I've got a Jitterbug phone which is useless.

So if living without data for valid reasons other than BBM and my social life means I need a new life, where should I get one? eBay? Craigslist?
    chubRox and Chrisy like this.
    10-12-11 01:31 PM

Apple and Android and WP7 users do not have to worry about BIS outages. Its a BB feature.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-12-11 01:54 PM
    Ok ok, ya, I over reacted. Thanks for that. I get it. I do. Sh!t happens and you're right, I should know because it has happened to me where I'm left scrambling for a fix (at which point I am on the phone, email and corporate website IMMEDIATELY to let users know there's an issue and being looked at). But being a crackberry wh0re for years with great service makes it that much more frustrating when it seems that my service is interrupted at least once every few weeks for at least an hour at a time or more just this year.

Imagine if your cable provider had the same issues every few weeks, I'm sure you'd be frustrated too. Yes, I can live without my phone and it isn't the end of the world, but at the end of the day, it's a service that I pay for. period. Just like any other business, if I'm not happy with my service, I will go else where.

I apologize if I offended you; frustration makes me say what I feel .
    it's ok.. ; > It's just crazy how people jump on RIM for stuff like this when it happens to all IT departments. your forgiven ; >

Your concept of the English language and spelling is awful, but I digress. How do people like you graduate school, let alone survive in this world typing and no doubt speaking like that?

I took offense to this statement because I depend on my phone for work emails when I'm away from my office and am stuck in business meetings or on conference calls. Being without emails on my BB hurts me not only as an employee but also as a manager. Other employees know I'm in meetings and they'll email me to let me know of problems. Right now, I can't get those emails. Lugging a laptop around is hard when you're juggling everything else and aside from which, not every meeting I go to has room for a laptop. Not everyone who uses data on a BB is some teenager who is in luv with her boifriynd. There are lots of people, myself included, who depend on their phones to work when they need them to and right now, we're being let down.

Not to mention when I'm at home. I don't have Internet at my house and depend only on my BB as my form of internet. Without data, I've got a Jitterbug phone which is useless.

So if living without data for valid reasons other than BBM and my social life means I need a new life, where should I get one? eBay? Craigslist?
    i'm sorry! i don't proof read my posts 10 times, and i really don't have to prove to you my education level.

yah, okay your right, there are people that are not on BES and depend on BIS to work for them for business, but its usually the "teenager who is in luv with her boifriynd" (u have great spelling and grammar as well btw ; > ) that complain and complain and complain... so sorry if i offended you, but these MASSIVE amounts of different threads, tweets, and FB Status' are annoying.

maybe you should rethink your setup and get something a little more concrete at home!?

Apple and Android and WP7 users do not have to worry about BIS outages. Its a BB feature.
    exactly, people choose BB knowing they have that infrastructure.. there is a risk, and that risk is BIS being down..

and that is why Apple, Android and WP7 users don't have BBM, packet Data, and push notifications as good as BB's

if you can't handle that risk then buy any of the other mentioned devices and you don't have to suffer through BIS outages.
    10-12-11 02:34 PM
    Yeah just this year alone blackberry have had a lot of outages and yeah it makes me think twice about staying with BB for my next device but then in the end I still love my blackberry and bbm so easy to contact ppl and connect.. Just wanna see rim do good with their qnx devices so it can compete with iphone and android I'm not a big fan of and never liked it and don't think I ever will

10-12-11 02:49 PM
    This is not like a utility where you just plug it in and expect things to work. There is a lot of technology behind the scenes as you know and it has to be worked out.

Let them do what they need to do. They still have better than a 99.999% uptime

-Jeff
    10-12-11 02:53 PM
    RIM, has a lot going on these days, there is the BIS 4.1 roll-out, which will further task overworked servers, both in the roll-out and in providing BIS services, and the impending PlayBook OS update, AND it is nearing the Christmas buying season, so they want to be able to support all of the new devices they hope consumers will be buying.
    Hmmm, well the USPS has a lot going on too, and yes with Christmas rush coming on. So, according to you it must be ok if they don't deliver my mail now, as it will be ok later.
    10-12-11 02:59 PM

I too work as a network designer and know a thing or two about layer 2/3 network redundancy. We've built dual links to all our access and aggregate switch layers and so on, as a result our network is robust and always up. Should a switch fail, the secondary switch will become active and our clients will not even know the difference.

My issue with RIM is they know they support millions of clients, and even though a BBM text is no more than a a KB. They should test their network redundancy often enough to ensure proper fail over. So I attribute this so called "Core switch failure to their lack of due diligence in actively monitoring and maintaining their infrastructure.
    OR
    Something even more serious they are keeping to themselves.
    Last edited by Shlooky; 10-12-11 at 03:12 PM.
    10-12-11 03:02 PM
    Hmmm, well the USPS has a lot going on too, and yes with Christmas rush coming on. So, according to you it must be ok if they don't deliver my mail now, as it will be ok later.
    It's unbelievable what people will say to give excuses on why there is a BIS outage. Bottom line it's inexcusable.

The RIMPIRE is crumbling.
    Last edited by JD914; 10-12-11 at 03:06 PM.
    10-12-11 03:03 PM
    RIM's largest problem is not an outage or no new products being accepted very well it is all the mutual fund managers sell their stock as fast as they can find a buyer. Management at RIM have a large share block of stock and they are seeing their millions go up in smoke daily. So if you were losing money as an individual everyday would you be worried about Joe Six Pack consumer.I think not. They are trying to stop the bleeding with anything possible. i got some great ideas. Lets put out another Playbook. Lets not worry about those darn phones takes to many of them to equal one playbook. And if we do put out a phone just change the number nobody will know the difference.
    10-12-11 03:20 PM
    Come on stop all this nonsense defending RIM. The facts are they have let millions of customers down.

Ok they had a unforeseen system failure thats one issue, but it has taken them several days and still the service is not up and running. There are no excusses RIM should have had systems in place to combat this kind of problem, every one who has ever had electronic equipment knows it does not last forever, it will fail.

RIMS network failed and their back up system failed, they were unprepared and millions of customers have gone without service, not for hours, not for a day but for several days and its still not fully operational.

POOR VERY POOR
    Last edited by cru03; 10-12-11 at 03:26 PM.
    10-12-11 03:23 PM
    I too work as a network designer and know a thing or two about layer 2/3 network redundancy. We've built dual links to all our access and aggregate switch layers and so on, as a result our network is robust and always up. Should a switch fail, the secondary switch will become active and our clients will not even know the difference.

My issue with RIM is they know they support millions of clients, and even though a BBM text is no more than a a KB. They should test their network redundancy often enough to ensure proper fail over. So I attribute this so called "Core switch failure to their lack of due diligence in actively monitoring and maintaining their infrastructure.
    OR
    Something even more serious they are keeping to themselves.
    yah i guess that's the issue... they tweeted that their fail over didn't kick in like they tested.. which u hit the nail on head
    10-12-11 03:26 PM
    yah, okay you're right, there are people that are not on BES and depend on BIS to work for them for business, but its usually the "teenager who is in luv with her boifriynd" (u have great spelling and grammar as well btw ; > ) that complain and complain and complain... so sorry if i offended you, but these MASSIVE amounts of different threads, tweets, and FB Status' are annoying.
    I was being sarcastic using tween text speak when I misspelled love and boyfriend.

maybe you should rethink your setup and get something a little more concrete at home!?
    I can't. I live in the middle of BFE and cable isn't availabe where I am and I'm not online enough at night to justify the expense of adding satellite Internet to my DirecTV package. What little bit of emailing or web surfing I do, I can accomplish with my BlackBerry when the damn thing works.

if you can't handle that risk then buy any of the other mentioned devices and you don't have to suffer through BIS outages.
    I plan on doing just that. I'll be an iPhone user before too much longer. I've been a BB fan for years, but it's time to move on. It's not BB. It's me.
    10-12-11 03:44 PM
    Well it seems Apple isn't having any better of a day...

Big iOS5 roll out today, FAIL

iOS 5 breaks down upon arrival for some mobile users | ZDNet
    10-12-11 03:47 PM
    This is not like a utility where you just plug it in and expect things to work. There is a lot of technology behind the scenes as you know and it has to be worked out.

Let them do what they need to do. They still have better than a 99.999% uptime

-Jeff
    I used to work for a utility company and trust me, there's a lot more than just plugging something in. It's far more technologically advanced than the average human would know.
    10-12-11 03:47 PM
    Well it seems Apple isn't having any better of a day...

Big iOS5 roll out today, FAIL

iOS 5 breaks down upon arrival for some mobile users | ZDNet
    Nice attempt to try to divert the issue at hand but an OS update issue is absolutely nothing compared to the severity of what RIM and the people that depend on BIS/BES are going through.
    10-12-11 03:51 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD