I found this story on BGR the other day and was upset for 2 reasons......

BlackBerry 10 and RIM are DOA

- The standard of reporting I found to be offensive

and

- How could 2 people in the same room come up with such opposing outcomes?

Perhaps when you take into account the blatant negativity shown to RIM by BGR in recent times and the fact that RIM apparently didn't provide them with a sample of the developer phone for review during the JAM then I wonder how seriously BGR can be taken?

Who is right? ......Kevin or Jonathan?
    BB_makes_it_happen likes this.
    05-04-12 07:14 PM
    Day late and a dollar short. There are a few other threads talking about this article
    05-04-12 07:19 PM
    With people out of work....someone pays this John guy to write. He sounds like a jealous joke.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-04-12 07:23 PM
    Hey Yo,

This is Kevin here (I'm typing from Bla1ze's account... out for dinner with him and he's beside me logged in).

The focus shouldn't be on "Who's Right" but rather on the fact that "Kevin is never wrong".

Seriously.

I call this stuff as I see it. Yes... I want BlackBerry to win. But I still call it like it is. Think back to DevCon America last year when I ran that Doodle that said The RIMPIRE Strikes Out. I got a lot of flack over it, but it was true.

BlackBerry World 2012 and BlackBerry 10 Jam were huge successes his year. Seriously. This is a new RIM. It's amazing how different things felt. The new CEO went to town when he took control of the reigns. He blew out a bunch of middle managers, reorganized things, and got accountability in place. Morale at RIM right now is higher than ever because people actually are well organized, know what their goals are and know what their responsibilities are. They also know their challenges and people are working their asses off to meet that challenge.

BlackBerry 10 looks promising. RIM has finally decided who their customer is. They are not trying to beat Apple. They are focusing in on productive people and they're making a phone for people who value things like one handed ease of use for on the go operation. They're carving out a niche building a phone for 1 out of 5 people. Not for four year olds. Not for 84 year olds.

The new CEO rocks. Seriously. I have friends in the media who have been RIM haters for years, and Heins won over every one of them at BBWorld. The guy is genuine. He admits where RIM is weak and he knows what he needs to do.

Yes, Wall Street is beating the out of RIM stock right now. That's because when stocks go live the sharks want to see action so they can get their cut of the cheddar. Be it an aquisition or something else. It's not reflective of what happened at BBWorld and BBJam in my opinion.

Seriously, even BlackBerry Developers at BBJam were excited about everything. The new tools are good. They were happy by everything RIM announced. Even I was surprised by this.

Look, the road ahead is still challenging, but RIM is now operating like I've never seen it work before. They're focused, they know what they need to do, and they're executing.

I have more faith in them now than ever before.
    05-04-12 07:32 PM
    And yet again, YOU HELP BGR BY LINKING BAD POSTS TO CRACKBERRY.COM.

Google (and other search algorithms) see the link here and immediatly push that POS article to the top of searches.
    loc5, Superfly_FR and sputneek like this.
    05-04-12 07:34 PM
    It's great to be able to be excited about BlackBerry again!

I only saw Ms Heins' keynote but I understood his message. RIM has made a decision, they have focus again and are working towards something meaningful.

It's really an exciting time to be a BlackBerry fan! I haven't been been this pumped since I first turned on my 8330!
    05-04-12 07:48 PM
    Get down, or Lay down...
    LoL. Kevin/Bla1ze/Whomever you are... That's exactly what's happening here...

RIM is gaining momentum while traveling "up" a hill.
    Some say that's impossible? We all are seeing it with our own eyes.

I'm really excited about these Bold moves forward. For real. No joke.
    jkomo001 and BlackBerry Guy like this.
    05-04-12 08:26 PM
    i have been pa"trolling" the tech sites and i cant believe how ppl really hate rim, this one dude commenting on an unboxing video that the verge did on youtube even complained about rim putting manuals in the dev alpha boxes.. an as much as rim is trying to state that its not a bb10 phone ppl are still acting as if it is

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    05-04-12 08:29 PM
    BGR is the "Daily Prophet" of the tech world.
    05-04-12 10:00 PM
    BGR sucks. 'Nuff said

Sent via Tapatalk by my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    05-04-12 10:49 PM
    You should have seen Jonathan Geller on CNBC a couple days ago, talking about how RIM really hasn't innovated here and how BB10 isn't really anything different than what current BlackBerrys are.

It was almost infuriating to hear him say that, because anyone with a pair of eyes, or even one eye, can see that BB10 is completely different than anything RIM has ever put out, and pretty much every tech blog was in agreement that developers were/are excited to develop for BB10, except for BGR, of course. He is obviously aware of the positive things developers are saying about RIM, but neglects to report them or mention them on tv.

I kind of wonder why anyone gives that guy a platform to even speak on any topic other than Apple.
    Last edited by SK122387; 05-04-12 at 11:23 PM.
    terminatorx likes this.
    05-04-12 11:20 PM
    It IS worth seeing Gellar's post, though, just to see the comments. He managed to offend pretty much his entire readership. Even some who profess to dislike RIM.
    diegonei likes this.
    05-04-12 11:38 PM
    It IS worth seeing Gellar's post, though, just to see the comments. He managed to offend pretty much his entire readership. Even some who profess to dislike RIM.
    Yea those comments were hilarious. Normally I don't even go to BGR unless there is something interesting by Zachary Epstein, but this time I couldn't hold back and posted a comment on the article. Called him a few choice words and alluded that he far up Apple's . Surprisingly I got 30 likes on the comment. I was thinking I would be abused by the Apple and BGR Faithfull....but this time even they abandoned him.
    05-05-12 05:57 AM
    I was sure that would happen but I won't grace him with a page view. Thanks for reporting on it!

The fun thing is: Since he changed to facebook logins, the state of comments shifted...
    05-05-12 11:37 AM
    Yeah Kevin pretty much summarized his opinion on here from the Blog he already posted about the "Five Important Observations From BlackBerry World 2012" ...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-05-12 11:54 AM
    I was sure that would happen but I won't grace him with a page view. Thanks for reporting on it!

The fun thing is: Since he changed to facebook logins, the state of comments shifted...
    I can't lie, I really like the way they've implemented the Facebook logins. Pretty slick.
    05-05-12 12:07 PM
    BGR is nothing at all. They are a biased blog who I swear are payed out by some idiots.

Losers.

Please don't link them.... They let google thing BGR is even more superior *rolling eyes*

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    05-05-12 12:19 PM
    I don't understand the point of this thread, or why you are addressing it to Kevin. He didn't write the article at BGR. You can read the article there, and then read and enjoy the comments which are 90% or more in support of RIM and criticizing the author.
    05-05-12 12:20 PM
    Oh... I just read the article an rim refused to give a copy of bb10 alpha to that b***h

That's pwnage.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    Chrisy likes this.
    05-05-12 12:32 PM
    I don't understand the point of this thread, or why you are addressing it to Kevin. He didn't write the article at BGR. You can read the article there, and then read and enjoy the comments which are 90% or more in support of RIM and criticizing the author.
    Like I said: Now that he's using facebook login systems and people can be identified, trolls simply moved away from commenting. Now real people are posting nd real opinions are surfacing.

He doesn't care though. Comments are also good for page rank. Content is irrelevant. The more the merrier for him, even if against his article.
    05-05-12 02:19 PM
    Why do you think you can only post comments via Facebook on BGR? They get so much ridicule its not even funny. What a bunch of bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-05-12 08:33 PM
    I simply posted this article because 2 people at the same place at the same time saw completely differnt things.

BGR's vile was astonishing
    05-06-12 05:27 PM
    I simply posted this article because 2 people at the same place at the same time saw completely differnt things.

BGR's vile was astonishing
    Was the BGR guy even at the conference? As noted earlier, he appeared on CNBC the same day as keynote. The CNBC appearance was live from Times Square. Did he pop into the conference and then fly to New York the same day to appear on CNBC?
    05-06-12 05:36 PM
    The old guard regime of this slanted tech journalism is coming to an end.

Johnny, you're days are coming to an end.

See ya!
    05-06-12 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD