Okay.

SUCCESS!!!

All is FKN' good again!!!! Notifictaion sounds are crisp and loud like before!!!!!! Thanks Usman for his tip.

So, it's easy. Connect your precious Passport to BB Link and make a backup. Then unplug it and make a security wipe on your passport.

After that, reconnect your Passport on your computer and open up BB Link and restore your Passport with the latest backup. Done!

Have a great Weekend.
    just a question I remember reading some one told you to test it before you up loaded your backup. I'm just confused now once I wipe the phone what is my next step. I plug it in and try a software update and then reload my OS, could you maybe tell me the steps in another way?

I'm willing to try this and see if it fixes my audio problems I just want to know the correct steps.

Thanks for your time

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    02-21-15 05:56 PM
    I noticed the lower alert volume on a previous version of 10.3.1 but it's nowhere near being an issue. I can hear the email, text and BBM alerts and have never missed an important message, my alarm woke me up right on time this morning as it has for the past few weeks.

Lower: Yes. An Issue: Far from it.
    02-21-15 06:57 PM
    Ps, God should start with a upper case G.

BlackBerry hates America!
    P.S.
    P.S. Should have a capital S and full stops

 Z10
    mkelley65 likes this.
    02-21-15 07:02 PM
    I have low notification sounds on my Q10. I have tried everything. Deal breaker for me. Went back to 10.2.1.
    The OP was able to fix this by backing up and reloading OS. You tried this and it didn't work for you?

 Posted via Z10 
    02-21-15 07:39 PM
    I have low notification sounds on my Q10. I have tried everything. Deal breaker for me. Went back to 10.2.1.
    did u even try wiping your device and re installing the OS?

I have to know if this works or im not going to waste my time doing it

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    02-21-15 07:55 PM
    just a question I remember reading some one told you to test it before you up loaded your backup. I'm just confused now once I wipe the phone what is my next step. I plug it in and try a software update and then reload my OS, could you maybe tell me the steps in another way?

I'm willing to try this and see if it fixes my audio problems I just want to know the correct steps.

Thanks for your time

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    Just make sure you back up using link before you reload the OS. You can restore your backup afterward. They meant to test the sound before you restore your backup in case it was caused by one of your settings.

You may want to try resetting app notifications first.

Notifications /Normal Profile/reset apps (blue circle at bottom of page)

 Posted via Z10 
    02-21-15 07:58 PM
    Just make sure you back up using link before you reload the OS. You can restore your backup afterward. They meant to test the sound before you restore your backup in case it was caused by one of your settings.

You may want to try resetting app notifications first.

Notifications /Normal Profile/reset apps (blue circle at bottom of page)

 Posted via Z10 
    thanks I tried that but no luck.

02-21-15 08:03 PM
    did u even try wiping your device and re installing the OS?

I have to know if this works or im not going to waste my time doing it

I used an autoloader which wipes the device. I always use autoloaders and I do not restore from backups. I always set-up everything fresh. It's more work but avoids problems. The problems people are seeing are from the OS itself. There are lots of bugs that need immediate attention but I am afraid BlackBerry probably doesn't even know about most of them.
    02-21-15 09:20 PM
    Wait isn't there a battery live savings option on 10.3.1? I'm sure I read that somewhere. Could it be defaulting to a lower notification tone to save your battery life. I would look in to the options for that, some of those battery life options are clicked to "on" by default. Idk, just thinking out loud.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah there is a battery saving option

Dear god MR Chen...-img_20150221_230034.png

Dear god MR Chen...-img_20150221_230015.png

Hasn't affected the volume for any of my apps or alerts but it does seem to dim the screen a little.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:02 PM
    Okay.

SUCCESS!!!

All is FKN' good again!!!! Notifictaion sounds are crisp and loud like before!!!!!! Thanks Usman for his tip.

So, it's easy. Connect your precious Passport to BB Link and make a backup. Then unplug it and make a security wipe on your passport.

After that, reconnect your Passport on your computer and open up BB Link and restore your Passport with the latest backup. Done!

I was flipping out lately because I need that notification sounds. I can't afford missing calls or Mails. Thats why I bought a Blackberry!

So to all the peeps who have similar problems. To the 2 gentlemen who opened up the threads with this issue: Read this and you are a happy camper again!

No autoloader, side hyping Android apps, Sacheesii or hacking tools required. Just BB Link and a security wipe.

Thanks again for all your hopes and tips!

Have a great Weekend.
    may i suggest, hope you don't mind, please start another thread on how to fixed low volume notification to help others.
    they are complaining out loud with this.
    Thanks.
    02-22-15 01:38 AM
    Hi fistmaster I would do security wipe or reload OS, because when I'm on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243 my volume are loud but I do install by autoloader
    Do a back up then perform security wipe hope it fix the issue

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    Hi usman....before you carried out a security wipe, did you previously carry out any changes on the profile where you override profile volume on each app?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 03:35 AM
    Hi usman....before you carried out a security wipe, did you previously carry out any changes on the profile where you override profile volume on each app?

Posted via CB10
    Hi yes I am, but I think if you use Q10 security wipe won't fix it not sure why the bug still present
    But if you use passport it's worth to try
    lift likes this.
    02-22-15 04:09 AM
    Hi yes I am, but I think if you use Q10 security wipe won't fix it not sure why the bug still present
    But if you use passport it's worth to try
    Yeah I use a passport! Might have to give it a go as my alarm is still low even though I put the volume up to 10.

Thanks for the tip

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 04:50 AM
    I did every possible combo : wipe ,reloadOS via BB Link from 10.2 to 10.3 , backup 10.2/wipe/reload/restore,
    *Just when i did last wipe on 10.3.1 i did get update (44MB)

same old , SIM contacts missing (all of them) , low notif. !?!?!? i did buy ney SIM just to test if there is problem , and suprise no SIM contacts on 10.3.1 !

ps Q10
    02-22-15 08:15 AM
    I did every possible combo : wipe ,reloadOS via BB Link from 10.2 to 10.3 , backup 10.2/wipe/reload/restore,
    *Just when i did last wipe on 10.3.1 i did get update (44MB)

same old , SIM contacts missing (all of them) , low notif. !?!?!? i did buy ney SIM just to test if there is problem , and suprise no SIM contacts on 10.3.1 !

ps Q10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...roblem-999727/

Hi there is workaround Maybe not the best but it works
    Warios likes this.
    02-22-15 08:18 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...roblem-999727/

Hi there is workaround Maybe not the best but it works
    i have seen it , thx . now just to fix SIM contacts .
    02-22-15 09:06 AM
    Did the OP really fix this problem by reloading the OS? Not calling him out at all but he hasn't posted that it fixed it anywhere else and others have tried the same thing and it hasn't fixed the issue. Fistmaster where the heck are you?
    02-22-15 09:25 AM
    Did the OP really fix this problem by reloading the OS? Not calling him out at all but he hasn't posted that it fixed it anywhere else and others have tried the same thing and it hasn't fixed the issue. Fistmaster where the heck are you?
    This.

Just waiting on whether this security wipe/re-install OS/Backup combo actually works on a Q10 rather than a passport. I should be able to do it later on tonight and I'll report back if it works for Q10 for everyone.

There seems to be some differences between how much volume has been lost also - some people reporting a lower volume but not by a lot, whereas for me the alarm is 90% less than what it was prior, and the ringtone is about 50% less (which makes it difficult to hear unless you're holding it in your hand or have it on your table. No chance if it's in your pocket)

Also worried that they're not bothered about actually fixing this bug. I'm not sure BlackBerry cares a great deal about supporting its handset business any more. The workaround is a little bit ridiculous if you don't mind me saying so, having to go to that length just to use a phone's basic function is unacceptable to me, but thanks regardless.

Am I being a pessimist in thinking we might have to wait a long time for a fix of this bug? Please tell me I can expect a new update in the next week or two, right?
    lamar11 and lift like this.
    02-22-15 09:58 AM
    This.

Just waiting on whether this security wipe/re-install OS/Backup combo actually works on a Q10 rather than a passport. I should be able to do it later on tonight and I'll report back if it works for Q10 for everyone.
    ?
    Hi OP is using a passport

Unfortunately security wipe not solve the issue on Q10
    Posdas, lamar11 and lift like this.
    02-22-15 10:00 AM
    Hi OP is using a passport

Unfortunately security wipe not solve the issue on Q10
    Thanks for letting me know in advance, saved me some trouble there.

And thanks for helping people with their issues, I'm sure everyone is grateful.
    Uzi likes this.
    02-22-15 10:06 AM
    Going to give it a go and see if it works (using a Passport).

Fingers crossed!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:30 AM
    may i suggest, hope you don't mind, please start another thread on how to fixed low volume notification to help others.
    they are complaining out loud with this.
    Thanks.
    it doesn't always work. I did the whole process last night. it fixed the problem with my BlackBerry assistant, but it did not fix the low notification sounds. That will HAVE to be fixed by BlackBerry.

lift likes this.
    02-22-15 04:08 PM
72 123