Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-08 08:57 AM
    Let's see.... Full price for a cheap Sprint Phone.... $20 for a year to upgrade HotMail....

Spending the $20 makes more sense to me. But that's just me. I wish you well.
    To me, it's not really about the money, it's more the point of the situation. I feel if it's that important for me to have emails on my phone, they should pay whatever fee is associated with that. If it were my personal emails, I would just pay the difference. Besides, I will more than likely buy a cheap little phone off of eBay.
    03-31-08 12:28 PM
    Let's see.... Full price for a cheap Sprint Phone.... $20 for a year to upgrade HotMail....

Spending the $20 makes more sense to me. But that's just me. I wish you well.
    I agree with that 100%. There has to be another underlying excuse here. Are you sure your happy with your job? Sounds like you should be looking for a new job that would allow you to use your BlackBerry. Heck, I pay for the data plan to get my work emails and half the time I'm po'd that I'm getting emails at 10:00pm. If you truely felt you needed a blackberry, you would pay the $20. Anyway, good luck with the new phone.
    03-31-08 12:46 PM
    Well, it's done...I just put my beloved BB on eBay ): For anyone who might be interested, here is the link:

RIM BLACKBERRY 8703E FOR SPRINT - eBay (item 170206866283 end time Apr-03-08 15:50:16 PDT)

Thanks for all the informative information during the short time I was around and I will definitely let you guys know what a huge dissappointment this cheap-o phone is (:
    03-31-08 06:07 PM
    Well, I hate to see anyone give up their berry and go back to the norm. But, you do what you gotta do....and pay the bills. Good Luck!

Last edited by Blacklatino; 03-31-08 at 06:49 PM.
    03-31-08 06:14 PM
    Well, I hate to see anyone give up their berry and go back to the norm. But, you to what you do....and pay the bills. Good Luck!

Thanks!
    03-31-08 06:18 PM
    See ya when you come back!
    03-31-08 06:18 PM
    You don't HAVE to have a BB to stay here - we prefer it, but you can stick around. lol
    03-31-08 06:23 PM

I'm Confused !
    03-31-08 06:44 PM
    you are a better man than me i'm a true addict of BB and CB. the BB would just become my personal phone and el cheapy i'll use for work.... but so long and if you get the shakes just log on don't worry one of us will be here....Lol
    03-31-08 06:45 PM
    Farewell, and good luck!!
    03-31-08 06:47 PM
    Sounds like your boss needs an education in Internet security. The whole stroy is ludicrous.

First, if you are talking about forwarding Hotmail to another address, that is a joke as it is no less secure on Hotmail already!

If your employer is not wanting you to forward email to Hotmail, this I understand. So, I'll assume you are talking about forwarding work email from you protected server off-LAN to the Net. If so, then this I understand as well. However, even this can be done securely with VPN, or encryption.

Email really is never going to be used to forward your companies critical and confidential info anyway, so not sure what you are needing to do. I mean back in the day, although I handled Top Secret stuff, and could send and receive email all day long from anywhere in the world, or for that matter logon to my Sun system remotely, we'd never use it to transmitt classified. We had secure channels to do that.

So, basically sounds like your company is just trying to keep employees from making mistakes, and doesn't trust them. Can't say I blame them really.

Patrick
    03-31-08 08:43 PM
    Sounds like your boss needs an education in Internet security. The whole stroy is ludicrous.

First, if you are talking about forwarding Hotmail to another address, that is a joke as it is no less secure on Hotmail already!

If your employer is not wanting you to forward email to Hotmail, this I understand. So, I'll assume you are talking about forwarding work email from you protected server off-LAN to the Net. If so, then this I understand as well. However, even this can be done securely with VPN, or encryption.

Email really is never going to be used to forward your companies critical and confidential info anyway, so not sure what you are needing to do. I mean back in the day, although I handled Top Secret stuff, and could send and receive email all day long from anywhere in the world, or for that matter logon to my Sun system remotely, we'd never use it to transmitt classified. We had secure channels to do that.

So, basically sounds like your company is just trying to keep employees from making mistakes, and doesn't trust them. Can't say I blame them really.

Patrick
    What's ludicrous is the fact you seem so defensive over something that really has nothing to do with you personally. Not sure why you feel you need to be so rude but it is what it is. Again, as stated in previous posts, I have NO control over their procedures or policies and don't intend on causing trouble over my preferred phone. Thanks for your reply, dually noted (:
    03-31-08 08:49 PM
    This forum is one of the most supportive forums I have ever come accross ... but we are also a bunch of die hard BB addicts. I think people here are well meaning & trying to help you find a solution to keep your BB.

Best of luck to you & you don't have to leave just because you don't have a BB in hand anymore Stop in & say Hi!
    03-31-08 09:01 PM
    This forum is one of the most supportive forums I have ever come accross ... but we are also a bunch of die hard BB addicts. I think people here are well meaning & trying to help you find a solution to keep your BB.

Best of luck to you & you don't have to leave just because you don't have a BB in hand anymore Stop in & say Hi!

Very true statements. As stated before, you don't have to have a berry to stop by. lol
    03-31-08 09:09 PM
    Good luck, man! I know I've strayed away from the BB world only to come running back. Hope your job realizes the error of their ways!
    03-31-08 09:26 PM
    Thanks! I know that's what everyone is telling me. I have a feeling they may change their mind, but who knows! I will definitely stay, I didn't know I could since I would no longer be the proud owner of a BB. You guys are the best and very supportive! (:
    03-31-08 11:42 PM
    its all good
    04-01-08 03:29 AM
    this thread makes me laugh hehehehe

neways all the best
    04-01-08 08:43 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD