Hello dear Crackberry readers and forum goers.

I work for a small non-profit as a case manager. Meaning I am on the go a lot and have a widely varying schedule with meetings happening in and out of the office quite frequently. Currently, my office uses outlook and I find it very helpful with coordinating scheduling. However, we do not have exchange service so all of our outlook stuff is essentially locked onto our computers. I would love to be able to utilize the "work/personal" shifting option on my Z10 even if it meant manually imputing all of my scheduled appointments. I believe I read that for that function your office needs to have it's own secure server/service for you to be able to shift between work and personal on your phone.

So, two questions, if you are still with me dear readers!

Is there a way to open up this function for my own personal use. Yes, personal work use. I would love to be able to use my Z10 for everything and also keep my own calendar and my work calendar separate.

Is there a way to sync outlook things with my Z10 in a minimally invasive way? I don't want to replace all my contacts/appointments that are already in my phone and for confidentiality reasons I would not like all of my work appointments to instantly merge onto my personal calendar.

Finally, the non-profit I work for is pretty much in a constant state of struggle financially. They are thinking about purchasing an ipad because it can sync with outlook and that would enable me to bring my calendar with me on the go while keeping up to date notes all in 1 simple place. While I'm not opposed to an ipad I would like to save the agency money if possible.

Let me know what you crackberry geniuses/junkies think! Are there any options for me?
    07-17-13 09:09 AM
    I want to know too! Bump!

Posted with my Z10
    07-17-13 09:13 AM
    Your BlackBerry must be hooked up to BES10 as far as I know in order to enable Balance on your phone.
    07-17-13 09:15 AM
    Is there no getting around BES10? I have very little idea what that is but I am assuming it's something you pay for. I would really love to open up this functionality on my phone without having to pay for BES10. Basically I just need separate calendar and contact info for my work only but without a separate server/service. Does anyone have any kind of work around solutions?
    07-17-13 10:53 AM
    You can set up a new personal account through Outlook.com or other similar service. When you save personal appointments, there will be an option at the top to select which calendar to save to. Choose the Outlook.com account to save it to your personal space. Now, in the default calendar view, swipe down from the top and choose Manage. Here you have the option to show or hide calendars, so you can show only work appointments, only personal appointments, or both.

Contacts may be a bit more tricky. You can hide or show contacts from different accounts, but so far I don't know of a way to add a new contact to only one account and not the other.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    07-17-13 12:12 PM
    BES10 is the Enterprise server that manages the BlackBerry 10 devices. Without it, you will not see Balance.
    07-17-13 12:15 PM
    So, theres no work around to trick my phone into thinking it has BES10 so I can access Balance myself? I really wish there was a feature to activate it. SO much potential for regular users.
    07-17-13 03:34 PM