Yeah, dumb topic title, but it is as the topic says. Given I don't work in management at Walt Disney World, I just realized after getting my Blackberry Torch 9810 that if I have it on my belt in a holster I might get confused for management.

Has anyone had similar issues occur to them ever since acquiring their Blackberry for personal use?
    11-23-11 07:42 AM
    Yeah, dumb topic title, but it is as the topic says. Given I don't work in management at Walt Disney World, I just realized after getting my Blackberry Torch 9810 that if I have it on my belt in a holster I might get confused for management.

Has anyone had similar issues occur to them ever since acquiring their Blackberry for personal use?
    Article 26: Unless he has children, a Bro shall not wear his cell phone on a belt clip.
    11-23-11 07:56 AM
    Article 26: Unless he has children, a Bro shall not wear his cell phone on a belt clip.
    I"m glad you added the "children" loophole, otherwise I'd be in trouble!
    11-23-11 07:59 AM
    I'm an uncle three times over and have visits from my bro and his wife fairly often for time off over the year. Close 'nuff.
    john_v likes this.
    11-23-11 08:00 AM
    I'm an uncle three times over and have visits from my bro and his wife fairly often for time off over the year. Close 'nuff.
    JohnV gets a pass.
    Being an uncle doesn't buy you exemption.
    Just like there is nothing like slightly pregnant, there is nothing like almost having children. The rule stands
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    11-23-11 08:16 AM
    No one would ever mistake me for management, blackberry or not.
    john_v likes this.
    11-23-11 08:34 AM
    anybody debating the use of a belt clip (shudder) should listen to girls gone gadget.
    11-23-11 08:50 AM
    I use a holster on my belt. For several reasons I like it there. I have step kids, although they're mostly moved out now. I think I'm much too old at this point to worry about what girls gone gadget think anyway.

@sam: Yes, you can almost have children. You cannot, however, fall in a pool and almost get wet. Definitely grounds for an appeal, depending of course on the final ruling.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    sam_b77 likes this.
    11-23-11 11:56 AM
    anybody debating the use of a belt clip (shudder) should listen to girls gone gadget.
    I honestly never heard anything about it until that episode, now its a nerdy thing to do. lol. I honestly dont care if I get judged for using a clip. I clip to my pocket though. I find a nice holster takes much better care of the phone itself than tossing it in your pocket. 1. you have an extra pocket to actually use. 2. Forgetting you have something sharp when you throw your phone in there.

Although, now that I'm getting a 4.7" phone, having it hanging in a holster might look a bit odd... lol I will be going to a pocket soon.
    11-23-11 12:23 PM
    Holster at work, pocket away.
    11-23-11 01:28 PM
    I think I'm much too old at this point to worry about what girls gone gadget think anyway.

This.

My wife doesn't care if I use a belt clip, neither do my kids. As for 2 girls on a tech show that I'll never meet, who cares what they think.
    11-23-11 01:32 PM
    I honestly never heard anything about it until that episode, now its a nerdy thing to do. lol. I honestly dont care if I get judged for using a clip. I clip to my pocket though. I find a nice holster takes much better care of the phone itself than tossing it in your pocket. 1. you have an extra pocket to actually use. 2. Forgetting you have something sharp when you throw your phone in there.

Although, now that I'm getting a 4.7" phone, having it hanging in a holster might look a bit odd... lol I will be going to a pocket soon.
    That's what a pocket pouch is for.
    11-23-11 01:37 PM
    I use a holster on my belt. For several reasons I like it there. I have step kids, although they're mostly moved out now. I think I'm much too old at this point to worry about what girls gone gadget think anyway.

@sam: Yes, you can almost have children. You cannot, however, fall in a pool and almost get wet. Definitely grounds for an appeal, depending of course on the final ruling.

I HAVE fallen in a pool and almost got wet, fortunately the pool was draining, and I landed in the shallow end that had no water, and missed getting wet.

If I didn't wear shirts with pockets on the chest, I probably would think about a belt clip, but I just find they look so dumb, and bump into things
    mooda and sam_b77 like this.
    11-23-11 01:49 PM
    I carry my phone on a holster during the summer because my pockets are for my keys and money clip. Yes, I have a screen protector, but I don't want my items scratching it. Everything is cool when I break out the layers, though, because my phone usually ends up in the jacket pocket. I'd hate to be reaching below and around my clothes for my phone then.
    11-23-11 02:06 PM
    I'll tell you...I used to think it looked a bit dorky to wear belt holsters, but I think I may start using one soon because its hard for me to believe that all those radio signals (cellular, bluetooth, wifi) so close to 'The Precious' can be a good thing when your phone is sitting in a front pants pocket.
    11-23-11 02:21 PM
    I tried the holster with my 9000. After 2 days of using it I felt like an old man and it was pretty awkward. It got caught on a lot of things and it really felt out of place.

My phone stays in my front left pocket.
    11-23-11 02:22 PM
    I still care what the girls think of me, even though I'm married (sigh). My GF's wouldn't have me wearing my phone on a belt clip. My wife doesn't care, but that doesn't mean I should let myself go .
    sleepngbear likes this.
    11-23-11 03:15 PM
    Guilty of the holstered Torch here. But when cool factor is required I rock the Bold in the breast pocket of my dinner jacket.

11-23-11 04:21 PM
    I am in management and have done the belt clip before with my 9700. I usually hung it from my pocket though. Now my Android phone is to big, so pocket it goes.

I personally can care less what someone i don't know thinks of me....or even if they know me aside from my initial family.

11-23-11 05:00 PM
    Proudly use a holster. Forget the girls, they carry bags of junk and then comment on a phone holster? Bet they carry their phones in their purses.
    Grow a pair, guys and wear your holster like a man.

Jake2826 likes this.
    11-23-11 05:07 PM
    If I just didn't give a f... anymore, then I'd wear a belt clip
    11-23-11 06:06 PM
    I HAVE fallen in a pool and almost got wet, fortunately the pool was draining, and I landed in the shallow end that had no water, and missed getting wet.

Only you, Stephen, could fall in a poll and almost get wet.
    11-24-11 06:31 AM
    at least you guys put your phones away, mine is glued to my hand.. I've been known to answer BBMs in my sleep

OP you work at WDW?
    11-24-11 06:56 AM
    at least you guys put your phones away, mine is glued to my hand.. I've been known to answer BBMs in my sleep

OP you work at WDW?
    Brings entirely new meaning to the phrase 'pillow talk'.
    11-24-11 07:03 AM
    I have two holsters here that are still in the plastic wrap... My phone lives in the front/right pocket, money/keys/whatever lives in the left.

Note to everyone who makes pants: change pockets are never optional!
    11-24-11 10:49 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD