Hi

I brought a blackberry 8520 used.I then went to At&t to get it turned on. The sales lady put her chip from her apple phone into my phone to see if a data plan would work with it and she said it wouldn't. So I went with the $2 a day plain all I was being charged was the $2 a day. I wasn't being charged to surf with the WiFi or to download or for anything else. As of about 2 weeks ago I started to be charged for everything now. For using the WiFi I downloaded a free game and was charged $12 and that was all the money I had left. They are charging me 1 cents hear and 42 cents their and 67 cents their and they didn't notify me of these changes. 2 days before this I had just put $15 on my phone. When my $15 run out I add another $15. Now I have to add more money every 3 to 4 days before it was one a week that I had to add money. And every time I call AT&T they tell a bunch of lies and the same when you go into the AT&T stores.They told my boyfriend that their data plain wasn't compatible with blackberries when he went to get his blackberry turned on with them this was about a month ago. Is this happening to anyone else.
    08-14-11 07:42 PM
    You have spoken with an *****, of course you can and must get a BlackBerry data plan with AT&T. AT&T has many plans to chose from.

Go to a different AT&T store and talk to someone who knows. Or go online and modify your plan yourself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 08:24 PM
    Did you want to avoid a contract? ATT does not support Blackberrys without a contract, or at the very least, contract pricing. T-Mobile is your best best bet for a GSM pre-paid Blackberry. They offer the 8530 as a pre-paid device.
    08-14-11 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD