Ok, i'm not to sure how to explain this, but you know how you can get a data plan with your cellphone company to browse the web etc on the go? Well I currently don't have a dataplan like this, but my phone has wifi.

The problem i'm having is that my apps are designed for this data transfer cell phone plan thingie, and not to go over wifi ...

is there anything out there that will let my data go out over wifi? programs like GFT Forex wern't coded to use the wifi in my blackberry.

Thanks,
    matt
    05-15-08 10:37 AM
    I use my Curve as a PDA and Brower through Wifi.

Like you, I have attempted to install and configure a lot of applications, only to run into the BlackBerry required connections. Full stop.

You have access to the Worlds best plan with T-Mobile. Adding Hotspot for $10 is the deal of a lifetime.
    05-15-08 12:52 PM
    Hi. I had a similar question, which is can you use a Blackberry with WiFi strictly as a Wifi PDA. That is, no cell phone plan at all.

Do I understand that you are doing this? And it still will browse the Internet?

Thanks!
    06-17-08 02:13 PM
    Hi. I had a similar question, which is can you use a Blackberry with WiFi strictly as a Wifi PDA. That is, no cell phone plan at all.

Do I understand that you are doing this? And it still will browse the Internet?

Thanks!
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

That is correct. I refuse to pay the high prices our carrier charges for a Plan and data service.

I use Browser through Wifi to access my mails, weather information, financial information, news and WAP forums. It is very functional.

For voice, I have a land line but I rarely use it. Most of the incoming calls are telemarketers anyway.

This may change, when one of our National carriers come up with the right plan at the right price.
    06-17-08 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD