Hey Folks

I am traveling to Taiwan for Business in 2 weeks and will be their for about 3 weeks. I am bringing my Sprint 9630 (personal phone) and I know it supports GSM, so I only need to stick in a SIM for Voice, but what should i do about DATA. That's the big question, I heard so many different things.

1. Add Blackberry International Data Plan by calling Sprint, but then I heard that this service is not available in Taiwan.

then i heard...

2. I would not be able to use global mode GSM (Local SIM Card) and would be charged by Sprint for Voice Calls if I wanted to use International Data, but most importantly Taiwan from what I was told inst included in the international data plan not BlackBerry Data Support their for CDMA /gsm Sprint and Verzion Blackberry.

3. The only way i can think of to get data is via WiFi, but thats not an option for the 9630. no wifi

Does anyone know? Or have experience in this matter regarding this specific area.

Thanks,

ps. I was briefed by my employer to refer to Taiwan as a "Area" to be politically correct. which is why my thread might read weird with "area" every few lines.
    04-13-10 12:23 AM
    does anyone know?
    04-13-10 01:52 PM
    I've heard you can buy a local SIM card.
    04-13-10 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD