I have found that all my current devices use similar amounts of data on Verizon. From my Z and Q to my nexus4 and S4 to my windows devices. I decided I hate iPhone so I really haven't used those. Each device however has settings to help reduce data consumption. I tend to disable features for performance rather than consumption of data. My average data a month is over 12 gigs but I'm guessing I use more than normal. My Z is by far the highest but that is because I'm on it all day everyday streaming video ect..

Lilly's hand stitched Frankensteined Z10 power by 10.2.(latest leak)
    CMcRob and bunky1971 like this.
    10-13-13 08:23 AM
    I've watched my usage increase with a Z10 almost double. My 9930 used about 6-10gb per month, the Z10 16-20gb a month.
    I attribute it to the LTE speed and doing more on the Z than the Bold. The OEM HDMI dock doesn't help my data for streaming to the big screen either. Lol.

I also believe the applications are more robust...just a quick example, Keep Calm is a third party application I would never had been able to go through on 3G at the same speed as 4G, and by speed I mean rapidly reviewing segments on the Site.
    When I was using Android on VERIZON I had less usage, but that can be attributed to using my TMO BB more. [=
    WOW. Is your phone your only computer? 16 t0 20 gb a month??????????????????????
    10-13-13 08:27 AM
    I've watched my usage increase with a Z10 almost double. My 9930 used about 6-10gb per month, the Z10 16-20gb a month.
    I attribute it to the LTE speed and doing more on the Z than the Bold. The OEM HDMI dock doesn't help my data for streaming to the big screen either. Lol.

I also believe the applications are more robust...just a quick example, Keep Calm is a third party application I would never had been able to go through on 3G at the same speed as 4G, and by speed I mean rapidly reviewing segments on the Site.
    When I was using Android on VERIZON I had less usage, but that can be attributed to using my TMO BB more. [=
    6-10gb on a 9930! Damn! The most I ever used on a bis plan was 1gb. On the iPhone I use about 8gb. You, Sir are a "power user".

Twitter: xandermac
    bunky1971 likes this.
    10-13-13 08:41 AM
    I have found that all my current devices use similar amounts of data on Verizon. From my Z and Q to my nexus4 and S4 to my windows devices. I decided I hate iPhone so I really haven't used those. Each device however has settings to help reduce data consumption. I tend to disable features for performance rather than consumption of data. My average data a month is over 12 gigs but I'm guessing I use more than normal. My Z is by far the highest but that is because I'm on it all day everyday streaming video ect..

12 gigs wow that's pretty good for multiple devices. I use to use 10gb a month on a tablet, and that was with me really limiting my video streaming.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 08:45 AM
    12 gigs wow that's pretty good for multiple devices. I use to use 10gb a month on a tablet, and that was with me really limiting my video streaming.

Posted via CB10
    Yes but I also use wifi at home and since I've been sick that's most of the time lol

10-13-13 09:48 AM
    Yes but I also use wifi at home and since I've been sick that's most of the time lol

Hmm... I'll send you some telepathic health inducing rays in (I think people can do that now).

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 10:02 AM
    I can't compare to an iPhone or Android phone, but on my 9800, I used anywhere from 300 to 500MB a month. Occasionally I would hit up to 700 with one month pegging 900MB.

I'm glad I kept my unlimited plan on AT&T, because the first month on the Z10, I reached 2.5GB. This month, I'm already at over 3GB and I'm only 9 days into my billing cycle. But, my 9 year old wireless router finally crapped out at the house a few weeks ago, so I'm on mobile data almost exclusively right now.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 12:06 PM
    I'm on the Fido network in Canada and have noticed no difference in data use from the iPhone 4s that I dumped for the Z10. I work 2 weeks a month in the US and use a Roam sim on the T-Mobile network. On T - Mobile's network my Z10 burns through data 2 X as fast as it does on Fido. Go figure , some things up.

Keep calm and blackberry on
    10-13-13 01:07 PM
    There has to be sonething going on...Canadian users seem to not burn through data as much as state side. Certain few people that know that work in Toronto and head state side for work or pleasure seem to eat up data when they sims cards to tmobile or att.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-13-13 06:09 PM
    I think I might switch to T-Mobile. The unlimited data seems very attractive about now. I wonder what the issue is? Never had this been an issue for me with the q10, or any other phone I have owned. In fact I should be using less data on the z10 since I don't exactly use it like I would an android.

(BBM#33)
    10-14-13 12:33 AM
    I'm on Verizon too and I'm a truck driver,i use the app pandora and tune in radio all day long,my data usage per month is about 1.5 gb,i know that streaming media on any cellphone device eats your data really fast,but I don't see that problem happening on my z10,do you use your cellphone as a modem???? That could be the cause of your problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 12:46 AM
    No. I don't even have that option available to me on the z10 (hotspot+tethering works on my other phones using the same sim). If you stream music on your z10 all day long, and only use 1.5-2gb a month then there was something definitely wrong with my z10. Like I've said I barely use the z10 for more than a talk/text device unless I'm on Wifi. I have recently performed a security wipe, so I'm hoping that magically fixed the issue.

(BBM#33)
    10-14-13 01:11 AM
    Nvm that comment wasn't meant for me. Sorry op I'm not attempting to hijack your thread.

(BBM#33)
    10-14-13 01:12 AM
    I havent really used it as a hotspots and when I did it was only for a few seconds. Streaming music doesn't seem to eat much. It probablyhas something to do with certain apps. I am monitoring it daily for a month to see what's going on.
    10-14-13 06:43 PM
    There's a free app called Network Monitor in the store which let's you see the IP addresses your device is currently connected to.
    (It isn't native, so you'll have to enable zoom unless you're a Watchmaker by trade).
    Maybe if an application is holding an unwanted or unnecessary connection, you might want to limit it's permissions.
    I'm all for turning off unecessary permissions anyway.
    I've done it myself and the phone uses the same amount of data as my (rooted and bloatware free) Android did.

Z10 via CB10
    10-15-13 02:18 AM
    Yes. A good bit more on my Z10 4g than my WP7.8 HTC Trophy on Big red

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    10-15-13 07:31 AM
    Cool, thanks for the app info... I will download this one.
    10-15-13 12:09 PM
    haha Nope LOL
    10-16-13 09:26 AM
43 12