Okay, so I'm going up to Canada tomorrow for the day, and just one day only. Obviously there won't be any wifi since we won't be in a hotel and I'm spending most of the day in an amusement park.

I don't plan to tether or stream video, but I want to use my BB to IM with Beejive, read the news, and some email (Non-HTML). I don't want to add the 19.99 email plan for a day because that seems kind of silly.

So, with this light use in mind (since I really have no idea what the usage of this would be), do you think the charges would be small? Data charges in Canada for T-Mobile are 10/mb, not the standard 15.
    07-29-09 04:20 PM
    From my wireless provider:
    With 1MB you can send/receive 514 emails (text only) from a BlackBerry� Bold™ or send/receive 341 Instant Messages from regular consumer phone.
    That "may" give you a rule of thumb to go by.

I don't know how much data is used by Beejive (especially if you leave it running for the day).
    07-29-09 04:31 PM
    514 emails is based on 2kb header sent from each message, NOT the entire message. Take a look at the International data plan for T-mobile, they USUALLY do not require a commitment. Add it for 1 day, and then remove when you get back.
    07-29-09 04:32 PM
    I would think that Beejive would use a little more data than the normal client with the phone, since Buddy icons are used. I'll probably only be signed into one of my IM accounts.

You know, I think I'll add the International email plan for T-Mobile and see what happens. It's supposed to only cover unlimited international email and you'll get charged for other data, but people have said that it doesn't.

This is my chance to test it and see. But I'll be careful.
    07-29-09 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD