I used to have a bb storm, no w i have a torch. how do i upload my contact list into the new storm??? Any ideas????
    03-16-11 05:53 AM
    If you still have bpth phone to hand, then you can use the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to transfer all your personal data.

There is a Device Switch Wizard built into Destop Manager that is designed for just this.

If you do not have the old phone and stil have a BAcup (an .ipd file) then you can still use Desktop Manager to Restore the old Backup file. HOwever you may find that this will try to trstore the old state of some of your installed apps too and that you will need to reset these to stiot your new phone.
    03-16-11 05:59 AM
    As Pete mentioned if you have both phones you can run the Device Switch Wizard in Desktop Manager, however if you don't; connect the device you want to add the contact list to and select restore, at that point, you can choose to restore all the data from the backup .ipd file or a selective restore, i.e, just the address book.
    Pete6 and pkcable like this.
    03-16-11 08:20 AM
    Of course you can. I missed saying that. Thanks DawgMan.

One other thing you can do too is to sync the new phone with whatever you sync'ed the old phone with. Outlook, Google or Yahoo. Again it's Desktop Managere that will do the job for you.
    03-16-11 08:24 AM
    As Pete mentioned if you have both phones you can run the Device Switch Wizard in Desktop Manager, however if you don't; connect the device you want to add the contact list to and select restore, at that point, you can choose to restore all the data from the backup .ipd file or a selective restore, i.e, just the address book.
    You will find the selective restore options under Advanced in Desktop Manager.
    03-16-11 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD