I just purchased the Bold 9700 from T-Mobie, USA and i got it unlocked. The phone does work with other networks but the blackberry services do not work. Upon inquiring further i was told that i have to get the data services code unlocked. Now how the **** do i manage to get this 2nd unlock?
    12-10-09 05:57 AM
    Hmmm. This is probably the first timei hear about that kind of lock. Most likely you'll have to contact tmobile usa and tell them to release the phone. Sorry i couldn't be of more help.
    I am thinking that once the phone is unlocked, there's no need for a data unlock code, strange.
    12-10-09 08:45 AM
    Did you register for t-mobile's BIS? If so they will have your phone locked by the PIN so you won't be able to set up an alternative BIS account until they've released your PIN.

Just do as dcgore says and call t-mobile and ask them to release your PIN from their BIS and then you'll be able to set it up on your network of choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 08:53 AM
    I did not register it at all. Can u be more elaborate about BIS, i do not understand it. I will call T Mobile and once i get the required pin where do i enter it.
    Did you register for t-mobile's BIS? If so they will have your phone locked by the PIN so you won't be able to set up an alternative BIS account until they've released your PIN.

Just do as dcgore says and call t-mobile and ask them to release your PIN from their BIS and then you'll be able to set it up on your network of choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD