Hi, my Crackberry died, no power, nothing, after a recent drop. I have tried restoring from my most recent backup onto my wifes old curve but to no avail.

I am hoping some Crackberry Voodoo priestess can eviscerate the thing and conjure up what I need. Maybe put it in an CVS file or the like.

Is there a place you can recommend where I can take/send the device to have the data pulled out? Specifically the contacts?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    06-23-10 02:34 PM
    Printed circuit boards are pretty robust, more so than displays. If you are lucky the mainboard still works and will power up and connect to a computer at least enough to recover a backup "blind" without a display. Give it a try, you have nothing to lose.
    06-23-10 03:40 PM
    If you have a recent backup on your computer, you can download a program called
    ABC Amber Blackberry Computer LINK to get your contacts from the ipd. file.
    06-23-10 11:27 PM
    I downloaded ABC amber (free version to see if it works before I pay). Used it to access a back up IPD and it keeps saying I don't have permission to view the file altho I've set the file to share with all home users and am using the administrator account on my pc to access the file? It should open up fine but isn't. I've even opened up abc amber as administrator.., same thing.
    08-09-10 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD