Dear all, please help me to clarify some things

I have a SIM card without data plan, an 8520, a home wireless.

If I:
    - disable "Mobile network"
    - enable "Data services" on "Mobile network options"
    - enable "Wi-Fi" (wi-fi connects and icon becomes grey)
    Then I:
    - can browse Internet and use most apps
    - can't receive calls

If I need to call (without pay for data connections) I must:
    - disable "Data services" on "Mobile network options"
    - enable "Mobile network"

Is it possible to force usage of wi-fi for data without enable/disable these settings?
    If I ask to my sim-card provider to disable data traffic on my telephone no., can I keep wi-fi and data services always on and use it when wireless is available? (In this case voice calls should still working)

Logicmail is the only app I know which permits to force "Wifi only" connection without need to enable/disable those settings, does exists any others?

Thanks!
    12-29-11 05:13 AM
    If I ask to my sim-card provider to disable data traffic on my telephone no., can I keep wi-fi and data services always on and use it when wireless is available? (In this case voice calls should still working)
    Sorry to be so late replying. Yes, it is possible to get WiFi to work when the service provider has turned data services off. I've got exactly that setup on my Telus account.

In fact, the Telus rep. I was talking to recommended that I turn off data completely, rather than have pay per use. Apparently, he had a lot of billing complaints about BB using 3G when I was connected to WiFi.
    02-24-12 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD