Hi,

just want to be sure..
    I'm in canada with a Data plan..

If, in the us, i connect using wifi, i wont have any roaming fee, right?
    07-15-10 09:02 PM
    i think as long as you have an active BIS plan, you will still be charge for push mail and IM, unless you're using 3rd party app than can connect to WIFI directly and not pass thru BIS of the network.
    07-15-10 09:07 PM
    I would suggest going to Options>Security Options>Firewall and then checking off Block Incoming Messages and choosing to block BlackBerry Internet Service. You can enable it when you connect to Wi-Fi. That will avoid data charges by blocking data while you are not connected to Wi-Fi, but you will still be able to make phone calls.
    07-15-10 09:14 PM
    I forgot to mention.. I will set data while roaming to off.

2 week ago, in the US, the data was off during roaming, but i connected to the wifi in the hotel i was. in services status, BIS and BES was connecting through WIFI.. so, as soon it doesnt go to the 3G network, i wont have any charges..
    07-15-10 09:38 PM
    turning the firewall on will not stop the data coming to your phone... it will still come to your device but the firewall will just not doing anything with it... not display it etc etc... (i believe that is the way it works)
    07-15-10 10:39 PM
    I forgot to mention.. I will set data while roaming to off.

2 week ago, in the US, the data was off during roaming, but i connected to the wifi in the hotel i was. in services status, BIS and BES was connecting through WIFI.. so, as soon it doesnt go to the 3G network, i wont have any charges..
    That's the way to do it, I've done that a lot of times and it works perfectly.
    07-16-10 03:07 AM
    Just turn data while roaming off. You won't be charged by connecting via wifi.
    07-16-10 03:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD