hey guys my wifes 9700 is doing something really wierd. its only able to use data services in areas where she can connect to a wifi network. if she cant get wifi she has no browser, no facebook, no bbm, and no email. but then when she gets to a wifi network she gets a flood of all the stuff she missed while out of service. what can i check to fix this? thanks!!
    02-01-10 07:41 AM
    turn off he wifi, take out the batt for 30 sec, and try registering the device. menu>options>advnced options>host routing tables>menu>register now.

if still no service call your service provider.
    02-01-10 07:48 AM
    thanks. i'll give that a try.
    02-01-10 02:04 PM
    Go to browser>options>browser configuration, and make sure that Internet browser is selected not Hotspot browser. If Hotspot browser is selected, then you will not get the Internet unless connected to Wi-Fi.
    02-01-10 02:56 PM
    +1
    My thoughts exactly. It's probably on Hotspot Browser.

If you're on Internet Browser it still uses Wifi whenever available, and BIS connection if not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 03:11 PM
    Go to browser>options>browser configuration, and make sure that Internet browser is selected not Hotspot browser. If Hotspot browser is selected, then you will not get the Internet unless connected to Wi-Fi.
    true but that option wouldn't affect email and facebook. sounds like a network/service books issue.
    02-01-10 06:01 PM
    The OP seems to be only getting ANY data when connected to Wifi. Having it on Hotspot Browser would absolutely affect those things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD