Got myself a crackberry 8900 a few days ago, and these forums have been a fantastic resource - got it updated from 4.5 to 5.0 using the BBSAK app and the Hutchison firmware.

However I'm basically broke, and as such my wireless account only has a 10 meg data limit. I figure I can stay within this as long as I limit my WAP browsing and turn off images, but I'd like to be able to keep track of how much I've used.

Google and forum searches pulled up MiniMoni, which I have installed - however it doesn't seem to differentiate between traffic over WiFi and over GPRS.

Is there another data counter/monitor that will do this?
    09-03-10 02:38 PM
    What carrier do you have? On AT&T, I can dial *DATA# and get a text message that gives my data usage.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-03-10 02:56 PM
    i-wireless over Cincy Bell - i know there are a couple of text commands like that (#BAL and some others I can't remember) - will check further
    09-03-10 03:30 PM
    Scoured the website and found nothing. The i-wireless site in particular is pretty basic and while it has an itemised 'account usage' list, it doesn't show cumulative totals.

I'd much rather have an app monitor data usage locally - MiniMoni would be perfect if it differentiated between Wifi and GPRS traffic. Unfortunately it seems the author hasn't worked on it in about 2 years (and prior updates to his site were extremely sporadic).

Anyone?
    09-03-10 04:37 PM
    I use e-office Mobile Data Alerter on my 8900.
    Works nice, separate Roaming, WiFi and GSM counter.

seems that latest version doesn't track wifi anymore, not sure because I don't have latest version. Try and see, it is in appworld
    09-06-10 08:39 AM
    +1 for e-office - you can ota download from http://mda.e-office.com/ if that's easier than appworld for you.

I'm running the latest version, and the wifi still seems to track ok.

barljo
    09-06-10 11:20 AM
    Thanks guys, that looks like what I'm after.

Installed the version for v4.7 (got 5.0 running on my 8900) but I'm getting a java.lang.nullpointerexception.

[edit] and same issue when I removed the 4.7 ver and installed the 4.3 ver. Any ideas? [/edit]
    Last edited by knoid; 09-06-10 at 11:30 PM.
    09-06-10 10:50 PM
    Does anybody know if the e-office works with CDMA? It does not appear to work on my curve 8530.
    11-24-10 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD