Purchased a 2nd hand US cellular bold 9650 on ebay. Been using it in Jamaica for a month now, calls texts wireless works fine. Now that I am ready to activate the internet service the local service provider tells me the phone is data-locked and refuse to provide me with possible solutions to this problem. I tried contacting US cellular and the ebay seller but to no avail..

Any suggestions are welcome
    09-25-11 12:55 PM
    The seller either did not release the PIN, reported the device lost/stolen, or did not pay his bill.

If the device was reported lost/stolen then it will never be capable of BIS.
    09-25-11 01:07 PM
    Us cellular claim they do not have the codes to release the pin , furthermore it is their right to retain it if they had it
    09-25-11 06:30 PM
    Us cellular claim they do not have the codes to release the pin , furthermore it is their right to retain it if they had it
    The carrier will not release the PIN on its own. The original owner needs to contact the carrier to have the PIN released. If it has been less than 45 days since you purchased the device, you could try filing a claim on eBay. Resolving transaction problems in the Resolution Center
    09-25-11 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD