I have been monitoring my data usage for a few months now and have been under the 200 mb plan for this time. I started monitoring my data with a 9700 and then went to the Torch and both were about the same. However, I just went back to the 9700 this past week and my plan just started over yesterday. So far during this cycle all Ive done is switch to the 9700 and upgrade to the newest official build from AT&T. I installed the OS through my PC.

The issue is I have already used 25 mb so far and with moderate use. Is there ever an issue where a OS or an app would have a data leak? I have 2 twitter apps installed but both are set to refresh manually. I also have facebook installed and set up the same way. I used the device switch option to try to avoid having to download all my apps over the air.

Am I crazy, or is this something that happens with apps or in the OS sometimes?
    11-05-10 11:56 PM
    I keep wifi on when at home and refrain from using the 3G data unless I'm out and about.

If you're in doubt or worried, do this: options > Mobile Network > Data services: OFF.

Turn on only when needed and use wifi most often whenever you can. Also, within the browser in OS 5, disable all images including background images as to save on data when not using wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-10 02:39 AM
    I keep wifi on when at home and refrain from using the 3G data unless I'm out and about.

If you're in doubt or worried, do this: options > Mobile Network > Data services: OFF.

Turn on only when needed and use wifi most often whenever you can. Also, within the browser in OS 5, disable all images including background images as to save on data when not using wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thank you. I thought I had a real good *feel* of how this worked. It's just this month so far it is using more. All I did different is start up a new 9700 this month. Maybe the data it takes to start up my email and transfer my contacts is higher than I thought. Thanks for the pointers. I have never thought about the background images before. Thank you
    11-06-10 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD