How do i cut down my data usage on my verizon black berry curve 8330... i dont want to use my data... any suggestions? Im also new to black berry so plz... step by step directions.
    11-08-10 08:36 PM
    Menu/Options/Mobile Network. Turn Data Services off. You will still be able to make and receive calls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 08:40 PM
    Manage Connections>Mobile Network Options>Data Services (change to off).
    11-08-10 08:41 PM
    Yes there is more than one way to spank a berry!

11-08-10 08:53 PM
    Lmao

11-08-10 08:59 PM
    Of course those suggestions kill email and I believe mms also, thereby not cutting down on your data usage, but rathe eliminating it. Once you do that, there's really not much point having a bb I'd think...
    11-08-10 09:41 PM
    Yes I suppose your right sandman, unless he can check his mail on a pc and limit his data usage when he turns it back on. But he had better delete his email accounts on the bb or when he turns it back on he's going to get slammed with a boatload of emails and he will be right back where he would have been if he'd left it on.

Wow that was a looong sentence!

Last edited by albee 1; 11-08-10 at 10:37 PM.
    11-08-10 10:14 PM
    Yes I suppose your right sandman, unless he can check his mail on a pc and limit his data usage when he turns it back on. But he had better delete his email accounts on the bb or when he turns it back on he's going to get slammed with a boatload of emails and he will be right back where he would have been if he'd left it on.

Wow that was a looong sentence!

Could always delete the accounts, but it stills begs the question of why have a BlackBerry or any smartphone if you aren't using data?
    11-09-10 04:11 AM
    get one with wifi, then only use data sensitive stuff like browsing and streaming while on wifi only. that will cut down the usage.
    11-09-10 04:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD