So at the worst time tonight, when I really needed TeleNav GPS, I thought my Bold had been affected, as I had dropped my it earlier in the dat. However, it wasn't a bad "fall" at all, but as it was happening, I still thought "Ohh SHHHH****", but it was AT&T's 3G network.

Voice was fine. It sure is interesting how we're all becoming reliant on all of our gizmos. In my case, I have become reliant, obsessed, and addicted, a LONG time ago, along with many of you I'm sure...

Anyway, so AT&T, as we all know, forbids manual network selection, including forcing the BlackBerry Bold on 3G whenever available. However, EDGE would have been great to fall back on in my case. It displayed 3G, nothing but 3G, and then some more, and I am certainly not complaining! It would be great, though, to have 2G/EDGE when 3G is messed up, even for only the half hour that it was earlier this evening.

When I go overseas, manual network selection is always available, and in London, for example, I counted them, and had to scroll down to see all of the ELEVEN networks that I could choose from. In reality, there were "only" five carriers involved, but I was able to choose 2G or 3G for every network that had 3G, so in that case, all but one.

Is there a way to force 2G in the U.S. on AT&T??
    02-13-09 12:20 AM
    Go to OPTIONS -> MOBILE NETWORK -> NETWORK MODE, then select 2G

HTH
    02-13-09 01:19 AM
    Heh...You must be Canadian...AT&T does not afford us manual network selection.

You led me to the right place, though. Whenever I am overseas roaming, I can select 2G, 3G, for every darn carrier.

I need a hack lol...
    02-13-09 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD