i have a regular data plan with a specified amount of mbs per month but i want bbm and facebook the other bb apps etc.. so i plan on switching to a blackberry data plan BIS i beleive its called. What i would like to know is that this plan which seems to cost more well does it work with all the apps i download from app world? i dont really understand how it works will data be free on facebook but not on opera mini for example.!? will i be stuck with hidden fees all the time if i download non-RIM apps and try to go on the internet with them? what about downloading apps and things from the internet i just dont really understand and dont wanna end up paying alot more then i asked for xD!

-thanks
    04-01-12 10:47 PM
    You don't mention the carrier you are on. Some give you have access to social sites and etc with your BlackBerry, nicknamed on the forums a BIS-Lite plan. The carrier gives you access to the social networking sites, BBM and a few other things. Nothing data intensive, like email or the Web Browser or YouTube.

For unfettered access to all the Internet, you will need a regular BIS plan. They are usually an add or a data plan on their own. For example if you are on a data plan already they may be able to add the BIS service for free or $10-$15. It is all up to the carrier.
    Mc@wesomeYea likes this.
    04-02-12 09:02 AM
    i have no carrier really my phone is unlocked :P! but i have telus data plus messaging 20 prepaid plan right now which i will change for a monthly plan!
    04-03-12 05:32 PM
    You will need a BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) data plan to use BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) and to utilize the data compression features. The additional cost of a BIS or BES data plan is due in part to the higher data quantity which can effectively be sent and received since the data is compressed before leaving the BlackBerry smartphone and reaching the network and decompressed after leaving the network when it reaches the BlackBerry smartphone. If a standard data plan included 100MB of data per month, a BlackBerry on BIS effectively sends and receives approximately 135-150MB of data on a 100MB data plan. < rant >The wireless carriers throw temper tantrums but begrudgingly allow BlackBerry smartphones using BIS/BES by virtue of the sheer volume of BlackBerry smartphones in use by large organizations and well-heeled professionals. In Canada, the Triumvirate of Satan (Bell Mobility, Rogers Wireless, and Telus Mobility) cry and sob to the Canadian Radio and Television Commission (CRTC) about how they are loosing money and need to increase fees, including fraudulent fees such as the Government Regulatory Recovery Fee, as they suckle at the teat of politicians. < /rant>
    04-03-12 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD