I finished a Dark Theme for the new CrackBerry Forums. Check it out. CrackBerry Forums - Dark - Themes and Skins for Crackberry - userstyles.org

It took all day to finish. I tried to get the entire forums site themed.
    Attachment 122328

To use it, you must be using Firefox or Chrome, and use the Stylish add-on which allows you to apply CSS themes on your computer to web sites. Just follow the link at the top and it should get you everything you need.

I also made a theme that is simply tweaks to the layout (tightens up spacing, etc.) with the original style. That can be found here: CrackBerry Forums - Tweaks - Themes and Skins for Crackberry - userstyles.org

*************UPDATE**************
    Working on a new theme that works with the brand new forum design that accompanied the new CrackBerry site redesign. Here it is:
    http://userstyles.org/styles/84097/c...orums-new-dark
    Last edited by DaedalusIcarusHelios; 03-17-13 at 12:24 AM. Reason: added new theme link
    bighap, lactose, chaihg and 21 others like this.
    10-05-12 05:09 PM
    This is awesome!! Thanks for putting in the hard work!
    JR A likes this.
    10-05-12 05:13 PM
    Nice.. thanks man!
    10-05-12 05:15 PM
    I'm speechless.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-05-12 05:28 PM
    So if we're using IE we're SOL and stuck with all the white and wasted space?
    10-05-12 05:34 PM
    Wow...easier on the eyes and just overall nicer to look at

Nice job
    10-05-12 05:36 PM
    I finished a Dark Theme for the new CrackBerry Forums. Check it out. CrackBerry Forums - Dark - Themes and Skins for Crackberry - userstyles.org

It took all day to finish. I tried to get the entire forums site themed.
    Attachment 122328

To use it, you must be using Firefox or Chrome, and use the Stylish add-on which allows you to apply CSS themes on your computer to web sites. Just follow the link at the top and it should get you everything you need.

I also made a theme that is simply tweaks to the layout (tightens up spacing, etc.) with the original style. That can be found here: CrackBerry Forums - Tweaks - Themes and Skins for Crackberry - userstyles.org
    There is one problem I discovered using the Dark Theme you created. When in a thread, there isn't an option to go on to the next page. Like if there are over a certain amount of posts on the first page, you aren't able to move onto the next page of posts..
    rroyy likes this.
    10-05-12 05:37 PM
    So if we're using IE we're SOL and stuck with all the white and wasted space?
    People still use IE?

10-05-12 05:39 PM
    Awesome! Thank you!
    10-05-12 05:44 PM
    Can't wait to try this out when I get back to my laptop! Thanks!
    10-05-12 05:48 PM
    OK I know nothing about style sheets. I clicked the button on the link but what do I have to do to make it work? I'm still bright white.
    10-05-12 05:54 PM
    Woah, this is great, a whole lot easier on the eyes, thanks very much man
    Bloody nice job too, like the way you got the purple and orange in there too.
    Last edited by sputneek; 10-05-12 at 09:42 PM.
    10-05-12 06:06 PM
    OK I know nothing about style sheets. I clicked the button on the link but what do I have to do to make it work? I'm still bright white.
    You have to install "stylish" right there at the top of the page, could'nt believe how simple that was, probably what threw you off
    Also says assuming your using Chrome.
    10-05-12 06:11 PM
    You have to install "stylish" right there at the top of the page, could'nt believe how simple that was, probably what threw you off
    I did that and it restarted FF but it didn't take effect until I closed FF again and reopened. Working now and I like it!
    10-05-12 06:13 PM
    This sounds awesome. I'm on my BB right now, but I'll definitely be checking this out later on my PC.

Beware the power of the Dark Side Theme!
    10-05-12 06:21 PM
    Brilliant! So much better
    10-05-12 06:50 PM
    There is one problem I discovered using the Dark Theme you created. When in a thread, there isn't an option to go on to the next page. Like if there are over a certain amount of posts on the first page, you aren't able to move onto the next page of posts..
    I notice this issue as well...the only way you can get to other pages of the threads is to go back to the listing of threads and click the actual page number from there...
    10-05-12 07:07 PM
    People still use IE?

LOL...i know I'm in the minority. I tried using Chrome but just don't like it as much. Can't get into and out of full screen as easily as IE and bookmarks aren't as easily accessible either. I like the way IE handles full screen mode letting you access tabs and the icon bar by simply moving your cursor to the top of the screen. In chrome you have to hit the function key and get out of full screen mode. I believe that's true for accessing bookmarks too but I may be wrong there. Haven't tried firefox lately but from what i recall this functionality was even more ********.

I use a laptop in a darkened room so hitting the right function key can be problematic at times. That's why being able to use the mouse to do these things is important to me. As far as speed is concerned I don't find the 'slower' speed with IE is enough to give up that functionality. Heck next to my PB browser IE is blazing fast!

EDIT: Forgot to mention two other pet peeves I have about Chrome. Home button opens to google.com and not the home pages I have set up. And smooth scrolling is anything but smooth. (And enabling it requires a google search to get instructions on how to do it)
    Last edited by dynot; 10-05-12 at 08:13 PM.
    10-05-12 07:28 PM
    I notice this issue as well...the only way you can get to other pages of the threads is to go back to the listing of threads and click the actual page number from there...
    I figured out what I did. I removed a few things that fixes this issue, and I'll have to go back and fix those minor things I removed. I updated the code on userstyles.org.
    10-05-12 07:41 PM
    Loving the look! Good Work!
    10-05-12 07:45 PM
    Thanks, helps on the eyes. Although i feel that you shouldn't of even had to go the extra mile & make a dark theme, CB Kevin & the crew should of made this an option once they updated the forums... but good job though.
    10-05-12 07:52 PM
    I figured out what I did. I removed a few things that fixes this issue, and I'll have to go back and fix those minor things I removed. I updated the code on userstyles.org.
    Thanks for the update! Works great now!!
    10-05-12 09:11 PM
    Hey first off, great work. I didn't know you could apply CSS styles to the forum. I'm a Web Graphic Design Student so I may do some creativity for myself and do some CSS styles for my own personal use.

Anyway, One minor problem. Your theme for the Login Page is too dark and the Login information (message stating you do not have permissions to access this page) cannot be read. Your font you have chosen for the paragraphs are dark gray.

Fix this and I think that will be it.
    10-05-12 09:17 PM
    Ok, I posted another update. Last one for tonight.
    anon(4166778) likes this.
    10-05-12 10:03 PM
    Hey first off, great work. I didn't know you could apply CSS styles to the forum. I'm a Web Graphic Design Student so I may do some creativity for myself and do some CSS styles for my own personal use.

Anyway, One minor problem. Your theme for the Login Page is too dark and the Login information (message stating you do not have permissions to access this page) cannot be read. Your font you have chosen for the paragraphs are dark gray.

Fix this and I think that will be it.
    How do I duplicate it so I get the permissions error? The normal login screen is not on forums.crackbery.com, so that's not themed (since I'm using the domain of forums.crackberry.com). Since it appears the screen you are talking about is themed (partially, anyway), then I just need to know how to duplicate it and I'll update the theme again.

As far as CSS styles, with Stylish you can apply CSS to any site through your browser. Anything from the mundane (change font size, hide an ad column), to full themes. I recommend also the Firebug Add-on for Firefox, although the native tools are pretty good too (as well as for Chrome). It's a lot of fun, and I actually have some Facebook themes and others but maintaining them can be a chore.
    10-05-12 10:08 PM
65 123