Im linking to a verge article?

Posted via CB10
    I think you're drawing attention to them. I agree that the verge is a really weak tech site for content and that if you actually want to learn about products then don't go there. That being said I bet that is his honest opinion and many others will share it. I don't agree with him and I think a significant enough number of people won't either.
    07-29-14 06:20 PM
    Why does Cheng list the Passport at 699.99$ at the top of his article then at the end write no pricing details have been given???

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 06:37 PM
    That's just unprofessional, but we shouldn't pay too much attention to it. Actually a guy like him should get, three attention.
    07-29-14 06:40 PM
    That's just unprofessional, but we shouldn't pay too much attention to it. Actually a guy like him should get, three attention.
    Yep.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 06:51 PM
    I think you're drawing attention to them. I agree that the verge is a really weak tech site for content and that if you actually want to learn about products then don't go there. That being said I bet that is his honest opinion and many others will share it. I don't agree with him and I think a significant enough number of people won't either.
    But im not linking anything. So.......

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 06:51 PM
    Wait, Josh Topolololosky left the Verge? He was like the heart and soul of that site.
    07-29-14 06:59 PM
    Wait, Josh Topolololosky left the Verge? He was like the heart and soul of that site.
    Yep.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 07:26 PM
    Why does Cheng list the Passport at 699.99$ at the top of his article then at the end write no pricing details have been given???

Posted via CB10
    If anyone can bs about his review on any tech without doing a research. Making up a price is not the worst of the offence.
    07-29-14 07:53 PM
    Yup, he went to Bloomberg.
    07-29-14 07:54 PM
    Guess I can permanently remove that podcast subscription for vergecast, then.
    07-29-14 08:01 PM
    I like this idea. Would be cool if crackberry started a fact check as well. But one where users can submit inaccurate stories.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 09:44 PM
    In the rush to "discredit" posted opinions, CB members inadvertently become agents of dissemination.
    TgeekB and BergerKing like this.
    07-29-14 10:03 PM
    I predicted a long time ago that the Passport was going to bring nothing but negative opinions and comments from the general public and tech review sites. It's going to keep happening too. I'm not happy about it, believe me. But this is why I wished BlackBerry didn't release the Passport. It is giving people and review sites exactly the type of ammo they wanted to keep putting down Blackberry.
    eyesopen1111 and sati01 like this.
    07-29-14 10:18 PM
    I predicted a long time ago that the Passport was going to bring nothing but negative opinions and comments from the general public and tech review sites. It's going to keep happening too. I'm not happy about it, believe me. But this is why I wished BlackBerry didn't release the Passport. It is giving people and review sites exactly the type of ammo they wanted to keep putting down Blackberry.
    Imagine BlackBerry pull it off though!
    07-29-14 10:38 PM
    Imagine BlackBerry pull it off though!
    We can only hope. I'm not holding my breath though.
    07-29-14 10:40 PM
    At this point, BlackBerry has nothing to lose. It's different and doesn't look like anything else currently on the market, so opinions will be understandably polarized when all most people can judge it on is appearance. I'm not a huge fan of how the Passport looks, but when I first saw the iPad I wondered who would want a big iPod touch, and when I saw the first Note, I laughed and said no one would want to hold one of those up to their face. And look how those products turned out. Not saying that means the Passport will be a guaranteed hit, but I think it potentially has the chance to sell decently well if people get their hands on it and try one in action.
    07-30-14 12:48 AM
    Guys an amateur photographer. So carries an iPhone I presume. Apple is for artists while BlackBerry is for their managers.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 12:57 AM
    No need to be mad or retaliation. Just carry on with life. It's how media works. Drive the down further into the ground and uplift and praise the "winners". If you're a tech blogger and you don't love Apple or Android, you won't gain an audience.

If and when BBRY make a huge turn around, almost every hater will become a lover. Just let things play out.

Posted via CB10
    With this kind of clueless reporting I think the turnaround is more and more unlikely.
    07-30-14 06:38 AM
    With this kind of clueless reporting I think the turnaround is more and more unlikely.
    Again, just let whatever happens happen.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 07:44 AM
    Trolls here are much more creative than that.

I'm not impresssed.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 08:15 AM
    Wait until it comes out. If sales numbers are good at the beginning, it could change the perception in the media.

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    07-30-14 08:21 AM
    Wait until it comes out. If sales numbers are good at the beginning, it could change the perception in the media.

Again, we can only hope it will. Just because something sells well, it doesn't make it immune to being slammed.
    07-30-14 08:45 AM
    Again, we can only hope it will. Just because something sells well, it doesn't make it immune to being slammed.
    No, but it can slowly make people look at it more seriously. I have the same feeling as you though. I'm not sure now is the best time for them to take a chance like this. It could backfire.

lift likes this.
    07-30-14 09:24 AM
    If you're a tech blogger and you don't love Apple or Android, you won't gain an audience.
    EXACTLY!
    07-30-14 09:27 AM
    No, but it can slowly make people look at it more seriously. I have the same feeling as you though. I'm not sure now is the best time for them to take a chance like this. It could backfire.

Seems we are on the same page here. The device is controversial. BlackBerry is not in a good position right now both financially and in the popularity departments. They are not in any kind of position to take chances and the Passport is a big gamble. Let's just hope for some reason it at least sells well enough that they recover their investment in it's development and does not further hurt their bottom line.
    Flatman likes this.
    07-30-14 11:18 AM
62 123