I recall clewley saying 10.3 was gonna blow our minds, or something to that effect. While any improvements are welcome, so far I'm not seeing anything that would even remotely fall into that category.

Posted via CB10
    I wish people at BBRY would stay away from blown away, leap frog or any other description of awesomeness as they never live up to the hype.
    ubizmo, pantlesspenguin and TGR1 like this.
    05-14-14 06:49 AM
    I'm just happy that they are working on a 10.3 update for the OS.

Plus I'm really excited for that BlackBerry Blend concept.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 07:01 AM
    I wish people at BBRY would stay away from blown away, leap frog or any other description of awesomeness as they never live up to the hype.
    In particular, there should be a five-year moratorium on the expression "game-changer".

To me, the main thing that 10.3 shows, whether leaked or previewed, is that BlackBerry is still very hard at work bringing BB10 up to speed, and I'm glad to see it. The progress that has been made in the 16 months or so since the launch of the Z10 is impressive, especially in light of massive layoffs, the company going up for sale, and other distractions.

Personally, I have never believed that BlackBerry was implacably opposed to these leaks, despite anything John Chen has said. They could easily code these beta builds so they only run on devices with approved PINs, but they don't do that. I've always believed they look the other way, and in so doing generate a bit of buzz and crowdsource the beta testing, without being accountable to anyone for support for problems that crop up.
    05-14-14 07:43 AM
    In particular, there should be a five-year moratorium on the expression "game-changer".

To me, the main thing that 10.3 shows, whether leaked or previewed, is that BlackBerry is still very hard at work bringing BB10 up to speed, and I'm glad to see it. The progress that has been made in the 16 months or so since the launch of the Z10 is impressive, especially in light of massive layoffs, the company going up for sale, and other distractions.

Personally, I have never believed that BlackBerry was implacably opposed to these leaks, despite anything John Chen has said. They could easily code these beta builds so they only run on devices with approved PINs, but they don't do that. I've always believed they look the other way, and in so doing generate a bit of buzz and crowdsource the beta testing, without being accountable to anyone for support for problems that crop up.
    I agree. Just stop with the leap froging
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-14-14 08:46 AM
    He's the one leaking stuff.

Posted with zee flicking coolest smartphone evah
    Unfounded claim. Not likely as leaks make his job harder

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 12:57 PM
    I disagree. I think the average BlackBerry user nowadays IS the CrackBerry user.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    No the majority are not on CB. They are to busy working and enjoying life. You have to be a sponge to be in CB everyday
    Thesmartmale, wincyUt and BlueHeel like this.
    05-14-14 01:16 PM
    No the majority are not on CB. They are to busy working and enjoying life. You have to be a sponge to be in CB everyday
    I think you missed my point. I'm saying the very few BlackBerry users left are clearly just the die hards.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    05-14-14 03:59 PM
    I think you missed my point. I'm saying the very few BlackBerry users left are clearly just the die hards.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    Nope not really, I have a lot of friends in uni who don't use CB and own BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces and wincyUt like this.
    05-14-14 04:06 PM
    Its up to BlackBerry to stop the leaks. Not any responsibility of CrackBerry (and readers.)
    Bla1ze likes this.
    05-14-14 04:09 PM
    Well, the peeks by MC were all minor cosmetic improvements/additions as was said in his post. The big changes are still secret to the public.

I do wonder about the Blend thing though. I think this should've been kept quiet. There are just as many Android/iOS snoops on here as there are BlackBerry users. The Blend leak is what is bad about letting the average Joe poke and prod.

In reality though, nobody really knows (except BlackBerry) where they are in the project's development or the actual features. Hopefully the info that's been plastered all over the internet is either old or won't hurt BlackBerry and their success will be given on 10.3's release

emPowered by ?
    Then maybe they should have did a better job of hiding it. Leaving it inside an OS for anyone with a brain to find isn't exactly the best idea. It's been happening for months, everything we know about Blend came from leaks and even BlackBerry themselves.

Heck, they showed it off at a business event and included it in a video. After the first finding of it in a leaked OS, one would think if they really didn't want anyone to find it they would I dunno........ stop including it. Seems rather logical to me. lol. It's not even ONLY leaked OS'. It's in shipping, official OS' as well. They're terrible house cleaners.

Common sense says: Don't leave unreleased device names, unreleased apps, and any other non-released information in officially shipping operating systems to consumers because all it takes is the right person to look at it and decipher what it is. If anyone is to 'blame' for BlackBerry leaks its BlackBerry themselves.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-14-14 04:23 PM
    What Ubizmo said a few posts above is exactly right. Given the lack of any marketing and the overwhelming general consensus that BlackBerry is/has abandoned handset support and development, leaks are a necessary 'evil' at this point to keep any hopeful on board. Only the very very hardcore can keep the faith indefinitely without any supporting evidence.

As for the degree of how 'superficial' the changes seem,.. I can only imagine this is favorable for BlackBerry, as the readily apparent 'cosmetic' changes might temporarily distract from (or satiate the need to look for) other differentiating features/projects.
    05-14-14 04:29 PM
    Well I am new to BlackBerry so I am not a diehard lol...

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 06:10 PM
37 12