I have three email accounts synched with my new Bold. I'd like to turn off the new message indicator (and unread message counter) for one specific account. I've found how to remove that account from the message list, and I've learned how to turn off the message indicator for ALL accounts, but is it possible to turn it off for one specific account?

Or, to take another tack...the reason I'm chasing this idea is that I'd like to be able to get facebook notifications through the Blackberry Facebook app, without having to constantly delete notification emails from my account. So I set up a blackberry.net email account to use only for those facebook emails. I figured if I could then hide that account (no new message indicators, and remove the account from the message list), it would make this possible. Any other ideas?
    05-28-10 10:00 AM
    Which BB do you have and what OS on it? If you have OS 5 you can turn off the notification lights/vibrations/noises for like FB.
    05-28-10 12:37 PM
    Bold 9650 OS 5.0...but that's not exactly what I'm trying to do. I found the options to turn off light/sound effects for individual email accounts and apps. What I'm looking to do is turn off the new message notification (little yellow envelope) for one specific email account, and leave the new message notification on for the other accounts.
    05-28-10 01:14 PM
    Please explain more if you could.

From what I understand you want to receive your FB notifications on your BB but not get those emails in your account? That's how it works.

All you need to do is have your the email account you setup through FB being delivered to your BB. The FB app will know this and it will turn those emails into a FB notification.

Within the FB app in the options you can uncheck the option that says "leave emails on server" or something like that. That will delete the email in your actual account on the computer when you check the FB notification. If you set up your FB email notifications with a blackberry email address then this won't be needed because the only place you get those is on your BB.

I hope this is what you were trying to do?
    05-28-10 01:30 PM
    Please explain more if you could.

From what I understand you want to receive your FB notifications on your BB but not get those emails in your account? That's how it works.

All you need to do is have your the email account you setup through FB being delivered to your BB. The FB app will know this and it will turn those emails into a FB notification.

Within the FB app in the options you can uncheck the option that says "leave emails on server" or something like that. That will delete the email in your actual account on the computer when you check the FB notification. If you set up your FB email notifications with a blackberry email address then this won't be needed because the only place you get those is on your BB.

I hope this is what you were trying to do?
    This is correct. Under the Facebook options there is a check box for "leave e-mail notification messages on mail server". If you uncheck this box, press menu, and save, once the e-mail notification is recieved and kicked over to the FB app, the app will automatically delete the notification e-mail from your physical inbox. It's really handy.
    05-28-10 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD