I've noticed that the most(I dare say) annoying thing about my Bold Blackberry.

I'd like to find out why Blackberries don't allow you to save let's say under a contact save multiple 'Mobile' numbers. I mean an individual CAN have more than 1 mobile number!

Secondly, Why does the contact save to 'Work' by default, in Nokia's you get an option to choose under what 'group' i.e. Mobile/Work/Office/Fax/Etc you'd like to save the contact under.

For a smart phone, it's not very smart!!
    11-18-08 12:35 PM
    Hmm. True about only being allowed one mobile number stored but then I guess you could just store the second mobile number under Work or Home.

You also mentioned about the default setting being saved to Work. I believe this stems from the Blackberry's original purpose as a business phone and therefore I guess its assumed you would want to store clients work numbers. Personally I just cut and paste to the correct area..... Its never really bothered me that much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 12:52 PM
    I understand, but I was hoping a smart-phone doesn't just 'assume' it allows you to choose, like other non-smart phones. I mean Nokia's hit two birds with one stone, whereby, when a contact number is added to a contact, it allows you to choose a category so in essence you could save a number, choose mobile as a category and then save another number and choose mobile category. It's not rocket science, just a little bit more research on RIM's part for complete customer satisfaction.

I mean I'd hate to rant, but surely if there have been app's made specifically to combat this kind of issue then RIM should take into consideration and include into their forthcoming device software.
    11-18-08 02:12 PM
    B.U.M.P this thread
    11-19-08 05:51 AM
    I've noticed that the most(I dare say) annoying thing about my Bold Blackberry.

I'd like to find out why Blackberries don't allow you to save let's say under a contact save multiple 'Mobile' numbers. I mean an individual CAN have more than 1 mobile number!

Secondly, Why does the contact save to 'Work' by default, in Nokia's you get an option to choose under what 'group' i.e. Mobile/Work/Office/Fax/Etc you'd like to save the contact under.

For a smart phone, it's not very smart!!

You gotta understand that RIM is upgrading over time a slightly outdated os. There making huge advancements all the time.... They have always stressed security over things and it trickles down Rim isn't always bleeding edge on things but they have for a very long time provided superb services.

This will definetly be a part of the iPhone I will miss the contact storage in the iPhone is probably the best I have ever seen but that's my opinion. The reason I liked it so much is that it is pretty much 100 percent customizable you can even add fields in there with whatever type of information you want.

Someday RIM will rework it and it will be good =)
    11-19-08 06:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD