wouldnt this just be a great idea....
    blackberry customer service uses playbooks (aswell of phones for non pb users)
    so if you ever had anything wrong you could videocall them from your playbook to ther playbooks?

or is this just another dumb idea i get from time to time
    JR A likes this.
    08-07-12 06:39 PM
    I think it would be great
    08-08-12 07:19 AM
    I don't know. I really don't need to see whoever is on the other end and they probably don't want to see me either.
    jafobabe likes this.
    08-08-12 08:21 AM
    And if you have something wrong with your PB? ^^

And if the help is ugly? You can't stare away

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-08-12 08:32 AM
    While this would be more a novelty idea if you have a Playbook that you need to call in about it may or may not have video chat capability. Also you would then have their BBID and could bug them through BBM, etc going forward.
    08-08-12 08:33 AM
    It would be much better if Tech support could connect to a PB remotely and try and fix it, rather than two strangers looking at each other on a screen.
    08-08-12 09:11 AM
    It would be much better if Tech support could connect to a PB remotely and try and fix it, rather than two strangers looking at each other on a screen.

That is a capability I would rather not have available to them. Sending them logs and them being able to view them while on the phone is definitely sufficient for me.
    pantlesspenguin and hpjrt like this.
    08-08-12 09:17 AM
    Yeah, I don't trust this at all. One time I thought I was calling Belkin for help with my router. They had me do some troubleshooting and then when that didn't work asked if they could connect remotely. They did, and were able to fix my router. However, then they started to upsell me something where I could get extended service or something on my router plus an antivirus for like $120 or something like that. I thought this was very strange because I've had to call Belkin a couple other times and they never tried to upsell me anything. Come to find out, I had called a 3rd party tech support company that provided support for several companies. It completely skeeved me out that they had access to my computer when I had been duped into thinking they were actually Belkin. I'm definitely thinking twice before anyone asks me to hook in remotely now. Plus, I saw an episode like this on Criminal Minds once. Didn't end well!
    08-08-12 09:27 AM
    Yeah, I don't trust this at all. One time I thought I was calling Belkin for help with my router. They had me do some troubleshooting and then when that didn't work asked if they could connect remotely. They did, and were able to fix my router. However, then they started to upsell me something where I could get extended service or something on my router plus an antivirus for like $120 or something like that. I thought this was very strange because I've had to call Belkin a couple other times and they never tried to upsell me anything. Come to find out, I had called a 3rd party tech support company that provided support for several companies. It completely skeeved me out that they had access to my computer when I had been duped into thinking they were actually Belkin. I'm definitely thinking twice before anyone asks me to hook in remotely now. Plus, I saw an episode like this on Criminal Minds once. Didn't end well!
    Then do not opt for it. Useful tool that allows both the Tech Support people and the customer quick (hopefully) and easy (hopefully) resolution.

I can't comment on Belkin's Tech support practices, and don't see how a router from Belkin equates to an upsell from RIM. Remote PC repair has been in heavy use for almost a decade. People and businesses do not have the time/money to be offline/Out of Service for a period of time while they d**k around with UPS/FedEx/etc and then are left without the use of their equipment while they wait for the repairs to be done and the item(s) sent back. This isn't the 1980s

Criminal Minds notwithstanding, the choice is always up to the user. Considering the end user has to grant permission for the remote connection to be made, it's always in your best interest to know who is doing what with your device. So let's say you have to send it in (whatever, a laptop let's say). The Technician installs some spyware on your laptop and begins siphoning your account logins and passwords. Are you never going to have someone touch one of your devices to try and fix it? No, you are going to find someone you can trust to the job your require. Choosing not to do something due to a negative experience is normal, but at the end of the day, be angry at Belkin, not the method with which was used to (deceive)?? you.
    08-08-12 09:45 AM
    That is a capability I would rather not have available to them. Sending them logs and them being able to view them while on the phone is definitely sufficient for me.
    I can respect that!
    08-08-12 09:46 AM
    Then do not opt for it. Useful tool that allows both the Tech Support people and the customer quick (hopefully) and easy (hopefully) resolution.

I can't comment on Belkin's Tech support practices, and don't see how a router from Belkin equates to an upsell from RIM. Remote PC repair has been in heavy use for almost a decade. People and businesses do not have the time/money to be offline/Out of Service for a period of time while they d**k around with UPS/FedEx/etc and then are left without the use of their equipment while they wait for the repairs to be done and the item(s) sent back. This isn't the 1980s

Criminal Minds notwithstanding, the choice is always up to the user. Considering the end user has to grant permission for the remote connection to be made, it's always in your best interest to know who is doing what with your device. So let's say you have to send it in (whatever, a laptop let's say). The Technician installs some spyware on your laptop and begins siphoning your account logins and passwords. Are you never going to have someone touch one of your devices to try and fix it? No, you are going to find someone you can trust to the job your require. Choosing not to do something due to a negative experience is normal, but at the end of the day, be angry at Belkin, not the method with which was used to (deceive)?? you.
    That's all true. I guess I'm just bitter about being duped!!
    08-08-12 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD