I recently got a BB Bold 9650. I'm trying to create a custom profile but it doesn't seem to be working properly. I didn't have any difficulty with my former blackberry and I'm wondering if I'm missing something. The custom ringtone I've set works but the sound I've chosen for SMS is not working. I'm very frustrated so if anyone has any ideas as to what the problem could be, I'll be very happy for the help.
    Last edited by Goodiegumdropcali; 07-28-10 at 07:43 PM. Reason: hopefully to get more views and ultimately some responses
    07-28-10 07:06 PM
    When you set the SMS tone, did you 'try it'? Are you sure the MP3 file is OK? Does any tone play at all? Double check all your settings and then perform a battery-pull and see if things change.

BTW, welcome to CB!
    07-28-10 09:40 PM
    When you set the SMS tone, did you 'try it'? Are you sure the MP3 file is OK? Does any tone play at all? Double check all your settings and then perform a battery-pull and see if things change.

BTW, welcome to CB!

Yes I used the "try" option and it played. It is the same tone I was using with my other blackberry. I tried doing a battery pull and that seems to have done the trick. Thank you very much! Can't believe I didn't think of that.
    07-28-10 10:04 PM
    You're Welcome! Just remember... when in doubt, pull out ...the battery, that is.
    07-28-10 10:15 PM
    Lol I'll remember that
    07-28-10 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD