I've searched and can't find this specific fix. Our company uses Cisco Meetingplace for conference calls. Whenever the item is added to the calendar, it shows a header of MeetingPlace: 888-555-5555 ID: 5555. I can then click on the calendar entry in my BB, highlight the phone number and have it dial. However, I want to get it to recognize the ID number as an extension, so that I don't have to enter it manually. It seems minor, but on the Storm2, I have pull up the keypad and enter the number, kind of a hassle, plus you can't see it so I have to memorize it - one more thing to remember.

I was wondering if there was a way to get the BB to recognize "ID" as an indicator to dial an extension, like the x option does. I've tried manually updating each calendar entry with the x to make it easier, but that ends up being a lot of work with the number of (useless) conference calls we have.

Any ideas??
    thanks
    05-19-10 01:18 PM
    I don't think you're going to be able to make the BlackBerry treat ID: like x. Is the 10-digit number always the same? If so, you could make that a speed dial entry, then you'd only have to dial the 4 digit ID.
    05-19-10 02:48 PM
    There are about 4 different bridge numbers we use (although when I setup a bridge, it is always the same number and that accounts for about half of my calls). I have it on speed dial, but love that the calendar reminder pops up and I can just click to call. Just hate having to remember the ID (and it isn't always just 4 digits, unfortunately) to type them in - part laziness, part poor memory!

Thanks for the reply. I figured that was the case, but wanted to reach out to some experts.

Regards.
    05-19-10 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD