I am posting here b/c I was hoping to get more opinions. Curve vs Tour...why choose one over the other? What is the deciding factor?
    09-20-09 06:52 PM
    Just use the search function, you will find a lot of threads on this exact subject.
    09-20-09 07:01 PM
    Well, hardware-wise, the Tour upgrades pretty much every aspect of the Curve, from more memory, to a higher-resolution screen, to a faster processor. The camera is updated on the Tour too. Also, the Tour has a newer Operating System. IMHO, the Tour was a perfect upgrade for the Curve, except for one major flaw, the keyboard!!! Again, that last line expresses MY opinion of the keyboards on both devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 10:08 PM
    I agree with Google123's take on the comparison, especially on the keyboard. I hated the Tour's keyboard.

Also, while the Tour's screen resolutioin is 1.5x that of the Curve's, the physical size of the screen is about the same. This makes everything on the screen 1.5x smaller on the Tour's screen. Yes, it is sharp and clear, but everything is tiny.

The Storm and Tour share the same pixel resolution on their screen of 480 x 360, but look how much larger the Storm's screen is.

I ended up returning the Tour and staying with my Curve, for now. The Curve does everything I need it to do, for now. No regrets here.

09-20-09 10:21 PM
    If you decide to get a Curve, try to get one used, so you don't have to commit to a 2 year contract. Newer phones are going to be released.

09-20-09 10:24 PM
    Just use the search function, you will find a lot of threads on this exact subject.
    If I see another topic started about Curve vs. Tour I might kill a baby...

Seriously though, the Tour is better than the Curve in EVERY way. Nuff said.
    09-20-09 10:53 PM
    The Tour IS a little bigger than the crappy curve, and the keyboard on the Tour is awesome. IMHO.
    09-20-09 10:59 PM
    The Curve is hardly cr@ppy...

09-20-09 11:48 PM

Agreed, the Curve is a great device, and always has been. I must say, that IMO, the Tour has a better keyboard, but as I said, that's strictly my opinion.
    09-20-09 11:52 PM
    im pretty sure the "Tour" has no wi/fi uma. FAIL. Get the 8900 or the new BOLD2

and besides..Kanye uses the Curve 8900. WIN!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 09-21-09 at 03:11 AM.
    09-21-09 01:35 AM
    Kanye, lol. You're kidding, right?

09-21-09 02:42 AM
    I love my curve(Kanye interrupts my post "don't worry harv I'm gonna let you finish but the 8900 is one of the best phones, one of the best phones of all time *shrugs*)

09-21-09 03:09 AM
    This has been beaten to the ground since months before the tour was even released.

My curve does everything I need to do.
    The tour may do it faster but I don't care. If I can get stuff done on my curve I have no need to upgrade

09-21-09 06:47 AM
    You have to remember, the Tour is the 8830WE replacement - it isn't a Curve replacement or upgrade. Both the Tour and Curve are still in the lineup. So the keyboard is going to be like the 8830 and Bold.

The 8530 (is it out yet?) would sort of be a Curve upgrade (not a true replacement) as well as if they ever came out with the 8930.

It is always best to go and try out the keyboard and see which one you like best. The Tour is going to have more features, but you need to hold them and see what fits your style.
    09-21-09 07:08 AM
    The Tour IS a little bigger than the crappy curve, and the keyboard on the Tour is awesome. IMHO.
    crappy? care to explain your reasoning behind your statement?
    09-21-09 09:50 AM
    Go with the tour .. Better keyboard more internal memory better camera way better os and once trackball problem solved Better trackball too

09-21-09 10:06 AM
    yeah....it's so crappy, that is was only the best selling phone!
    its been a great phone and extremely reliable.
    but i am looking forward to upgrading to the tour today
    09-21-09 10:33 AM
    crappy? care to explain your reasoning behind your statement?
    Agreed. How is the curve crappy? I think it is a great phone, especially for a bb nub like me.
    09-21-09 11:08 AM

I should have said" The curve 8330 is crappy". That is MY opinion
    based on my experience with the phone. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I aslo hated the 8330's keyboard.
    09-21-09 02:22 PM
    ya it is gettin a bit outta control.....isnt it
    09-21-09 05:37 PM
    I say the curve because it's what I'm using. I haven't done any research or read about the tour. I only know there are some posts about tours with green dots. Now that this question has _finally_ been asked, I might have to check it out.

Or just make a new thread tommorow telling the world you're addicted to facebook and just discovered some problemd. Or how about the latest OS. I bet that's hard to find. I could use another thread about upgrading my OS, or ask what a hybrd is.

Say, does anyone know when RIM will release OS 5.0?

09-21-09 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD