I had a Sidekick Slide right before purchasing the BB Curve. I loved my SK, but the BB has much better internet browsing. Typing was easier on the SK. Everything looks better on the Curve, the SK was more like a toy.
    03-18-08 02:24 PM
    I switched from the SK3 to the BB Curve and there is no comparison. SK3's screen is graining and there is no video capability. Also, T-Mobile's service bites a big one!!!!
    03-18-08 02:34 PM
    The Sidekick does not compare to the Curve in any way it is not even a SMARTPHONE here are a few reasons it sucks
    1st.. NO 3rd Party Apps meaning once you get it and get whats on the catalog your done nothing else you can do.
    2nd all the info you save phone book ,notes, calendar everything else is not saved to your sidekick it is saved to T-Mobiles computer meaning anyone and everyone at T mobile customer service can read all your notes contacts etc..(with the blackberry they cant only the FBI or law enforcement ala the Patriot Act)
    3rd- No videos and no option to see websites as they are as you can do with Opera Mini.

BOTTOM LINE- The sidekick is a kids cellphone for teenagers any adult who is seen with a sidekick is most likely laughed at.
    03-18-08 05:33 PM
    I had a sidekick 3 before my 8830 but there is no comparison....stick with the Berry.
    03-18-08 07:46 PM
    Sidekick?? Never!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-08 07:57 PM
    I love berries, but I'm no way biased as I also had the sk2, sk3 & played with the ID and LX models.

To me they are apples and bananas...

Sidekick, if you like to quickily multi-task, text messaging a breeze on the keypad, unmatched AIM/YIM/MSN IM apps (free.99 can't be matched), cheap data plan (save a couple of bucks), cool swivel effect (yes this is a eye catcher for some), and pretty quick / lagless user interface.

Blackberry, if you like the instant push email, don't mind paying for a great IM message program (JiveTalk or IM+), great camera, BB messenger, great call quality (not comparing to the SK) & a great browser.

If all you like doing is texting and IM, and you like to spend $$$, then go ahead. I was once just like that, then the iPhone & Curve put a stop to it.

FYI*** Sidekicks aren't for teenagers... Matter of fact, 20-30 year old`1s started using it long before teens. (R&B stars like Montel Jordan had one)
    Last edited by Jayden0606; 04-17-08 at 10:15 PM.
    03-18-08 08:33 PM
    DON'T GET A SIDEKICK!!!!!!!!!! I had a sidekick and I had SO MANY PROBLEMS! Too many to list.. I had to get 3 different Sidekicks and ALL of them broke.. keys stopped working, service is terrible.. the only upside is that even a caveman could use it, it's insanely easy to figure out.. but I switched from a Sidekick to a Blackberry 8820 and even though I was so confused at first, you get used to it and I love it a million times more and it has so many more features...

ALSO.. my Sidekick froze A LOT and my trackball stopped working after only a few months.. UGH 400 bucks wasted.
    Last edited by janessaclark; 03-18-08 at 09:59 PM.
    03-18-08 09:56 PM
    Ihad a sidekick and got rid of it cuz it was sooo bulky. Think about what fits better in your purse. That's what converted me and I'll never go back!

03-18-08 11:06 PM
    i had a sk3 it sucked royally the fone would freeze all the tyme turn off on its own and i always had errors n i never downloaded from it sidekicks n the services suck
    04-17-08 09:47 PM
    SK2 to an MDA to the Curve. Don't know how I went without it. The Curve makes the SK2 and the MDA look like a toy. BB's are more official

04-18-08 12:20 AM

FYI*** Sidekicks aren't for teenagers... Matter of fact, 20-30 year old`1s started using it long before teens. (R&B stars like Montel Jordan had one)

Montel Jordan!?! Out of all the REAL stars that use/used a sidekick, you picked Montel Jordan.....lol j/k
    04-18-08 11:38 AM
    I threw my ****in sidekick away when I got the blackberry. I went from the tmobile kick to att berry and ill never go back. The sidekick service sucks and the internet is slow as ****. There was always technical problems with the sidekicks too

04-18-08 06:32 PM
    Although sidekicks are cool and trendy and well they look nice too, blackberrys are way more fun you cant watch videos on a sidekick
    04-19-08 04:05 PM
    This is a debate? wow.
    04-19-08 04:32 PM
    been a major sidekick fan for years until i got ahold of a used blackberry. i used them both for a year, now the sidekick seems like a kid's toy. there are so many useful free apps for the blackberry that you can download and install. plus there are so many helpful websites and forums that support it. there was no going back to the sidekick after that. i might consider going back if they add wifi. i like the keyboard layout of the sidekick better. i could type much faster.
    Last edited by nastyboy2; 04-19-08 at 04:42 PM.
    04-19-08 04:35 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD