My pearl recently just got messed up and it won't charge anymore so im in need of a new phone and im going between the curve or the storm. I've heard nothing bad about the curve but the storm i've heard that the response time on the touch screen is laggy and slow. The typing mainly, as well as some general applications. The only reason i'm considering the storm is beacuse of the touch screen, but does anybody know like the memory differences between the two? and what do you guys think should i get the curve or the storm. I'm learning to the curve right now.
    02-21-09 03:30 PM
    As appealing as the storm is, personally I'm going to wait a while longer to see what if any other storm models come out. I've had the curve for a while and its great. I'm thinking of upgrading to the 8900, but for now my 8320 is as reliable as can be. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 03:36 PM
    Honestly, no one can tell you what to get, that decision is yours and yours alone. You might want to venture into the storm forums to get a better feel for what is going on with that particular model. Do some research on the two.

02-21-09 03:37 PM
    Good idea to go in to the store and spend some time with each phone. The Storm or more particularly touch screens are not for everyone, especially previous bb owners. Check them both out then decide.

02-21-09 03:48 PM
    I've only fiddled around on the Storm, but I only have eyes for my Curve 8330. It is the love of my life. I might make the switch to the 8900 when Verizon gets it, but for now I am totally satisfied.
    02-21-09 05:48 PM
    Storm doesn't do it for me... But I just got the 8900-curve and its rediclious. I wouldn't go to the 83xx model but the 8900 is AMAZING

02-21-09 08:15 PM
    I've only fiddled around on the Storm, but I only have eyes for my Curve 8330. It is the love of my life. I might make the switch to the 8900 when Verizon gets it, but for now I am totally satisfied.
    TRUE!
    the same here...I had the Storm for 1 day! Its a HOTTT phone and all, but just NOT the phone for me, its "doin too much" for my liking and the touch screen and my fat fingers are NOT a good combination, my lady friend kept her's and she LOVES it! I personally am waiting for the BOLD to make to VZW also, now thats my kinda phone!
    02-21-09 08:22 PM
    I'd say buy the Curve on eBay and then wait for the Bold to come for Verizon.

02-21-09 09:18 PM
    I wanted the storm since I saw the first commercial and I played with it 5 minutes and was not interested. It cannot be stressed enough to go to the stores and play with them all that interest you. A touch screen is a headache to me (for a phone at least). A few minutes hands on with each will help in your decision making progress..
    02-21-09 09:20 PM
    I bounce between my Storm and my Curve. To be honest, even though the screen on the Storm is awesome, and I really don't mind the touchscreen, I find myself using my Curve 8330 more. I can just get things done a lot quicker and easier, plus it feels better in the hand, and better to hold to my ear and use as a phone.
    02-22-09 01:24 AM
    Curve.... Storm is not worth it, Its to new and the curve is just to damn sexy!
    02-22-09 02:17 AM
    I just switched back to my old curve from the storm. The storm should be good in a couple months I guess. I just dont have the patience for it, I wanted to smash it off of the street!
    02-22-09 02:27 AM
    I upgraded from the 8830 to the storm last tues.
    Here are my findings the past couple of days
    1. You need to learn how to type again
    2. No more emailing/texting while driving(I drive stick)
    3. There are beta os's that work a lot better than the offical releases (solves lagging and various other issies)
    4. Browsing the web is far better on the storm
    5. The screen is brilliant looking, and it will take you a bit to fall in love woth it
    6. It is a work in progress. Meaning there is still a lot on the horizon.
    7. The storm still is a powerfull business tool. With the tang of a 'media rich phone'
    8. Don't listen to verizon's sales reps (they either don't know, or flat out lie)

So if you are willing to give your phone some time to woo you, and enjoy customizing/improoving
    your phone than you should get the storm. However, if you want your good 'ole bb go with the curve

02-22-09 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD