I'm looking at buying a BB and I like the Curve but I'm unsure as to how much difference I'll see in speed as the Curve is Rev o and the Storm is Rev A
    Any suggestions ?? I'll be using it to access my e-mail and web browser mostly
    06-08-09 09:43 PM
    according to wikipedia...

forward link air interface speeds of up to 2.4 Mbit/s with Rev. 0 and up to 3.1 Mbit/s with Rev. A. The reverse link rate for Rev. 0 can operate up to 153 kbit/s, while Rev. A can operate at up to 1.8 Mbit/s.

as for realistic numbers, my friends rev.0 sprint curve gets around 200kbps download speeds whereas my bold on 3G gets 400-600kbps. i would think that rev.a would be somewhere in the 300-450kbps mark, maybe higher.
    06-08-09 10:08 PM
    So there isn't alot of "speed" difference correct ???
    06-09-09 06:18 AM
    i think the difference will be noticeable at times, and is impressively increased when you look at speed test. judging from my experience switching from EDGE to 3G on my phone, regular browsing speed differences seems negligible. ask the guys in the Storm forum or wait for a more detailed response from someone who used both EVDO revisions.
    06-09-09 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD