Hey everyone long time no see.

I got my T-mobile Pearl just shy of a year ago. I have had nothing but problams with t-mobile in my area so I am dumping them. This summer i picked up an iphone. I love it. but i do miss some of the features of my blackberry. I am going to be changing my old number over to att. I would like another smartphone just so i have back up if iphone goes down/i forget to charge it fully. I was looking at getting a curve. When I checked out the website. The Referb Bold was only 100 bucks more. I was just wondering if anyone has gotten referb phones from att/blackberry before? also what one would you get? a curve or a referb bold?
    01-09-09 12:59 PM
    If you can swing the extra $100, definitely get the Bold. Light
    years ahead of the Curve (no I'm not knocking the Curve).

As to refurbs, I have one presently and it is as solid as a new unit.
    Since they also replace the complete housing it is indistinguishable
    from a new unit.

Go for the Bold. You will not be sorry, or unhappy.
    01-09-09 01:03 PM
    The Curve is about to be replaced by the 8900 so you might as well get the newer phone. There's nothing wrong with refurbs. They have a brand new housing and have been confirmed to be in 100% working order by a real live person.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 01:03 PM
    The only major difference between a refurb and a new unit from AT&T is the warranty. New phones carry a one year and refurbs carry 90 days. Also, I adore my curve, but go for the bold if the extra $100 isn't an issue for you. If I hadn't got such a great deal on my Curve, I probably would have gone for a Bold.
    01-09-09 01:06 PM
    If you can swing the extra $100, definitely get the Bold. Light
    years ahead of the Curve (no I'm not knocking the Curve).

As to refurbs, I have one presently and it is as solid as a new unit.
    Since they also replace the complete housing it is indistinguishable
    from a new unit.

Go for the Bold. You will not be sorry, or unhappy.
    +1 with AG. Definitely go with the Bold if you can swing the $100. I'll be doing the same thing myself when I'm eligible in April. Remember, the Bold is 3G which means faster (if in your area), simultaneous data and voice, both wifi and gps, superior screen, loads more memory and storage. The Curve is awesome, but the Bold is...well, "awesomer"!
    01-09-09 01:41 PM
    I agree with everyone. I'd go with the bold. Hands down an all around better experience than the curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 02:48 PM
    +1 for the refurb bold.

Not a fan of curves though, too small for me.
    01-09-09 03:26 PM
    nothing wrong with refurbs... I've had a few over the years from insurance claims, and they're always just like new.

The bold is definitely far ahead of the curve, although I had a curve for over a year and it was definitely solid as a rock. I sold it to a friend when I upgraded and he loves it still

but I'll bet it won't be long before your iPhone is your "extra"
    Last edited by lostmykeys; 01-09-09 at 03:36 PM.
    01-09-09 03:34 PM
    The Curve is about to be replaced by the 8900 so you might as well get the newer phone. There's nothing wrong with refurbs. They have a brand new housing and have been confirmed to be in 100% working order by a real live person.
    The Curve is only being replaced by the 8900 on one network in the US until probably late '09.

Hey everyone long time no see.

I got my T-mobile Pearl just shy of a year ago. I have had nothing but problams with t-mobile in my area so I am dumping them. This summer i picked up an iphone. I love it. but i do miss some of the features of my blackberry. I am going to be changing my old number over to att. I would like another smartphone just so i have back up if iphone goes down/i forget to charge it fully. I was looking at getting a curve. When I checked out the website. The Referb Bold was only 100 bucks more. I was just wondering if anyone has gotten referb phones from att/blackberry before? also what one would you get? a curve or a referb bold?

I would go for the 9000, just because it's better in every meaning of the word.
    01-09-09 03:37 PM
    The Curve is only being replaced by the 8900 on one network in the US until probably late '09.
    The 89xx series is the sucessor to the current 83xx series. So again, the the Curve (83xx) is being replaced the 89xx at some point in the near future.
    01-09-09 07:03 PM
    The Warranty is what bothers me. I mean 90 days is good but I know with my curve i had to get a new one because the trackball just died after 5 months. From everything I've read the bold is far and away a better phone. My T-mobile plan will go to month to month i may just hang on and see if they do an deals on the bold soon-ish
    01-09-09 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD