Well I got a thing in the mail that will let me use my NE2 early, however I can only choose between the Curve and the Pearl. So I will be dumping my treo and going with a BB tomorrow. I just can't decide between the 2. The only downfall for me is the Pearl has 2 letters per key, and I email and text alot. Anyone by chance have used them both would like to comment? Or pearl users is it a pain in the **** to have that double letter per key.

Thanks
    05-21-08 03:29 PM
    i have tryed both and i hated the suretype and if you are goin to be texting a lot i would go with the curve. i do a lot of emails and messenger and i found it that i can bang them out ten times faster on the curve and it fits in my hand a lot better than the pearl did. but this is all just my opinion
    05-21-08 03:34 PM
    I have a pearl and don't get me wrong, I adore it but if I'd known when I upgraded that they were releasing the curve for vzw, I would have waited. The suretype is easy to get used to but I can't say I wouldn't rather have a qwerty keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-08 03:35 PM
    Do a search in these forums and I guarantee you'll find the answer you're looking for. But here, in a nutshell...

basically, you need to decide whether you want a smaller (pearl) phone or one that is larger, but still fits comfourtably in the palm of your hand (curve.) also, a HUGE decision factour is whether you want a full qwerty keyboard or the convenience of suretype which is offered on the pearl. also the curve has a larger screen. they both function essentially the same... its just a matter of what you prefer.
    05-21-08 03:35 PM
    The best thing to do (in my opinion) is to go to the store and try them both out. I love the smaller size of my Pearl, and I am faster now with Suretype than I was with QWERTY, so I love my Pearl. But it's all about which one works best for you. Either way you're going to get addicted!
    05-21-08 03:38 PM
    Do a search in these forums and I guarantee you'll find the answer you're looking for. But here, in a nutshell...

basically, you need to decide whether you want a smaller (pearl) phone or one that is larger, but still fits comfourtably in the palm of your hand (curve.) also, a HUGE decision factour is whether you want a full qwerty keyboard or the convenience of suretype which is offered on the pearl. also the curve has a larger screen. they both function essentially the same... its just a matter of what you prefer.
    Exactly. I love my Pearl, and Suretype is easy. I am upgrading to a Curve though because I am ready for a change, we'll see if I like the QWERTY or not.

OT but jenay, I LOVE your siggie lol. My motto is if the city sees no snow naturally at all, they shouldn't have a hockey team
    05-21-08 03:44 PM
    reenee - thank you!! at last someone who understands!!
    05-21-08 03:46 PM
    I live in the town where half the group that got the Senators back are from, and is smack dab in the Bermuda triangle of Ottawa Sens vs Toronto Maple Laffs vs Les Canadiens...it get's HEATED.
    05-21-08 03:48 PM
    The best advise is to visit the store and play with both of them. Having used a Treo 700w, I adapted to the 8830 (8330 wasn't available) quite easily which has a qwerty keyboard. Also, it's similar in size underline word similar to the Palm.
    Welcome to the Crack!
    05-21-08 03:49 PM
    i tried the curve, and i couldn't stand it. i find the buttons are too small to reqally use, and i hate typing with my fingernails. that being said, suretypre was a little strange at first, but now i love it. it all depends.... try them both out and see how it goes - you need to get the one thats going to be the best for you, not the one everyone says will be the best
    05-21-08 03:54 PM
    I live in the town where half the group that got the Senators back are from, and is smack dab in the Bermuda triangle of Ottawa Sens vs Toronto Maple Laffs vs Les Canadiens...it get's HEATED.
    not to get off topic, BUT..... i bet it does!! the sens are - and always have been - my team. next year, next year.....

ehem. back to the berry....
    05-21-08 03:55 PM
    Thanks all, I will head up to the store and mess around with them both. I am leaning toward the Curve.

Again thanks.
    05-21-08 04:25 PM
    not to get off topic, BUT..... i bet it does!! the sens are - and always have been - my team. next year, next year.....

ehem. back to the berry....
    Jason Spezza is my hockey husband.

I met Alfie after game 4 of the first round this year, I had 100 level seats for the two home games...Alfreddson is so nice.

AND end thread hijack!
    05-21-08 11:02 PM
    With Suretype you have to resist your initial temptations to correct the words yourself. You'll find that it'll hit the right word 90-95% of the time. There's been many times where I typed out a sentence without looking at the screen, and when I did look at it in the end, it was exactly what I had wanted. The Pearl will also build a custom dictionary of words that it's not familiar with but that it learns from you.

Like others have said, you can't go wrong with either device. Try them both out at the store and see what works for you. For me, I wanted something as phone-like as possible, so I went with the Pearl.
    05-22-08 11:26 AM
    I had an older BB and upgraded to a Pearl 13 months ago. Since then two Pearls have had the roller ball go out and one Pearl had the display go out (apparently, as I was crawling over some boards the display was stressed but not cracked). Has anyone else had trouble with the roller ball?
    05-22-08 02:19 PM
    Jason Spezza is my hockey husband.

I met Alfie after game 4 of the first round this year, I had 100 level seats for the two home games...Alfreddson is so nice.

AND end thread hijack!
    off subject again, but... it is impossible that spezza is your hubby - he and i are already married.
    05-22-08 02:22 PM
    i love my pearl, but i would rather have the curve, im actually in the process of trying to sell my pearl so i can get a curve.The suretype keyboard is easy to get use to .Im just sick of it, and besides my right thumb is killing me!
    05-22-08 02:31 PM
    off subject again, but... it is impossible that spezza is your hubby - he and i are already married.
    Last OT I swear, but I need to tell you, jenay, that this is on now. It's war. And like Jason, my weapon of choice is NOT composite. WOOD BABY! *insert dirty joke here*

Back OT, as I use the Curve more, I am seeing more things that make a difference, they are both fantastic phones, and each have good and bad. I actaully am missing the Suretype more than I thought I would, and I will miss the easy access to the memory card...
    05-23-08 01:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD